Jumpcut looking for Direct Response Copywriter (Remote)
Direct Response Copywriter (Remote)
- Location: Los Angeles or Remote
- Reporting to: Director of Marketing
Imagine if you could join one of the most innovative digital education companies on the market, and grow into a master marketer alongside the same team that has:
• Grown from zero to over a million per month in revenue from a single online course.
• Had multiple million dollar digital product launches.
• Launched Facebook and YouTube ads seen all around the world by tens of millions of people.
• Gained over a million email leads in the past 12 months alone.
Jumpcut is a Y Combinator company, and went through the startup accelerator in summer 2016. We create cinematic online courses with some of the world’s biggest influencers. Our founding team has years of experience creating binge-worthy content — and now we are on a mission to interrupt the online education industry by creating courses for the modern world that are as addictive as your favorite TV show.
You’ll be working alongside our Director of Marketing and our Senior Copywriter to come up with innovative new marketing angles to sell our online courses, and spearheading our email marketing efforts. On a weekly basis, you’ll be helping to build and scale sales funnels for online courses that have previously gained over 15,000 customers from 81 countries around the world. We’re preparing for 3 new product launches over the next 6 months and your copy will play a vital role in making sure they’re successful.
- Manage email marketing services by building email automations, uploading, and scheduling email creatives
- Write copy for weekly content email blasts that builds the relationship with our subscribers
- Strategize and write sales email sequences for digital product launches
- Split-test subject lines and CTAs in emails to optimize for higher open rates and click through rates
- Research and brainstorm marketing angles for new marketing tests and product ideas
- Write long-form video scripts for digital product launches
- 2+ years DR Copywriting experience, ideally for a B2C online business
- Proven ability to write for social media ads, video sales letters, and sales emails
- Exposure to different types of marketing funnels is a bonus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- High attention to detail and quality
Additionally, you might be a good fit if…
- You write incredible copy that is emotional, compelling, relatable, and impossible to not pay attention to
- You’re passionate about direct response marketing, copywriting, persuasion, and psychology almost to the point of obsession
- You prefer to be judged on your direct, quantifiable performance numbers
- You are the most ambitious, competitive, determined individual out of anyone you know
Benefits, Perks, and Compensation:
We’ve got some pretty sweet digs, catered meals, unlimited PTO, and a full suite of benefits.
Check out jumpcut.com/about and https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Jumpcut-EI_IE900475.11,18.htm to get more information, what it’s like to work here, and to meet the team!
Compensation is competitive, and dependent on experience: $60,000 – $90,000 annually