Kemper looking for Software Developer II
Kemper has an immediate need for a skilled and motivated Software Developer to join our IT team in Jacksonville, FL. In this role you will develop and support systems for the forms services applications. You will act as a technical resource in the many phases of the development and implementation process within the forms team. You will perform code and design reviews, develop code, unit test and seek sign off on technical specifications including design documents, functional designs and requirements. Knowledge of estimation process and participation is required. Ability to work with remote teams in a fast-paced environment with high quality results. Provide 24X7 on-call production support duties on a rotation basis within the team.
- 3+ years of recent experience developing Java J2EE applications.
- 2+ years developing enterprise level software solutions involving cross departments teams both local and remote in a corporate setting.
- Must be proficient in full-stack J2EE technologies including JMS, Web services, XML, SQL and JDBC.
- 2+ years of recent experience in enterprise forms development using a forms authoring tool (Thunderhead, Smartcomm, etc) a strong plus.
- Self-starter that can work independently or part of a team that is both remote and local.
- An inquisitive motivator who makes things happen instead of letting things happen.
- Ability to work with end users and BSA’s on refining requirements and driving solutions that are satisfactory for the business need.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Education: Education or work experience equivalent to a four year
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
• Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
• Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
• Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
• Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
• Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
• Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
• Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.