Kuali looking for Senior Product/UX Designer – Remote
Who are we?
We are Kuali. We’re a scrappy, profitable company that builds software for colleges and universities. We’ve been voted best company to work for in Utah the past two years.
Who are we hiring?
A UX designer with at least 4 years experience working in product design at a software company (or somewhere similar). Someone who thrives in autonomy.
What will you be doing?
Leading design on one of our higher education products. This includes the following:
- User research with product team
- Working with the team to decide the best solution
- Prototyping the solution
- Validating & testing the prototypes with customers
- Helping with the marketing design for the product
- Helping improve the customer experience at every touchpoint
You’ll be working at a company that values a number of things that companies typically only give lip service to. We hire humble, optimistic problem-solvers who need no direction and no permission to solve customer problems. In addition to the things mentioned above, you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Building strong relationships with customers to develop a deep understanding of their needs, hopes, dreams, and frustrations
- Advocating passionately for user priorities during product development
- Helping establish UX research and user testing processes
- Creating wireframes, models, prototypes and graphic assets
- Creating elegant and beautiful UI
- Looking at every touchpoint with the customer and finding ways to make their experience delightful
- Demonstrated leadership in owning the relationship with customers/users.
- Expert skills with graphic, illustration, and/or prototyping tools such as Sketch, InvisionApp, Framer, Figma, Adobe CC, etc. (whatever works best for you).
- Proven experience in successful UX and UI design for multiple web applications
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Thorough communication skills
- A portfolio or examples of your work that showcase customer-centric, thoughtful design. (PLEASE INCLUDE IN THE HEADLINE SECTION WITH YOUR APPLICATION
If you happen to have some of these as well we’d be delighted:
- You’ve worked on mobile apps
- You have experience with the Higher Education community
- You’ve shipped Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions
- You’ve run your own usability tests
- Experience with designing for print mediums
- Writing skills
We offer a truly exceptional benefits package including full premium coverage for employee and dependent medical and dental care. We offer 401(k) matching, employee revenue sharing and all the paid-time off that you need. We are a flex-work company and are both co-located and remote.