About the position:
In partnership with the Web Development Dept. Head, you will be responsible for creating client-facing and internal deliverables for clients in partnership with design and creative teams as well as other developers on staff. You will need to demonstrate coding competence to review and critique others’ code and drive the technical direction of the teams. Communication across functional teams, as well as a balanced, flexible approach to development roadblocks, is key to delivering a quality product that will please our client and end users alike. A successful candidate finds personal satisfaction in tackling tough problems and adapting to unexpected challenges. This position reports to the Dept. Head.
The following will be just a few of the responsibilities you will be assigned:
- Responsible for delivering solid, modular code for current assignments.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with the creative team, project management, and client stakeholders.
- Creates sound code, both in terms of modularity/DRYness and site performance.
- Communicates cross-team dependency issues quickly and follows up to ensure prompt resolution of blockers
- Consult closely with management and agency staff related to projects and tasks
- Ability to conceptualize and document project ideas/plans
- Reviews third-party plugins and solutions for compliant code standards prior to implementation/integration
- Identifies risks, opportunities and suggests corrective actions associated with the project and related milestones and/or resourcing.
- Identifies growth opportunities for front end team members and helps create those opportunities within project and site maintenance tasks.
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of team-based web development experience
- 2+ years of team leadership experience or consistent, demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated project experience meeting client milestone delivery dates.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and impeccable follow-through
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders
- Demonstrates an ability to think strategically as well as to deconstruct a strategy into tactical, repeatable units of work
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage conflict and broker resolution
- Strong knowledge of PHP
- Ability to work independently to complete project goals with little oversight
- Demonstrated experience with WooCommerce / e-Commerce solutions and UX
- Understanding of WordPress and custom theme development
- Strong Experience with Photoshop or Sketch
- Must be very organized, punctual, and detail oriented
- Fast learner & interested in new technologies
- The ability to remain cool under pressure
We’re offering competitive compensation for this position (based on experience).
- Health Insurance with BCBS
- 401k plan with company match
- 10 days paid time off, 4 days of sick/safe leave and selected paid holidays
- Dental, vision discount program, basic Life and Disability Insurance
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Peer to Peer Bonus program
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.