Left Field Labs looking for Sr. Front End Developer
We are seeking an experienced front-end developer to join our team. You will work alongside a group of dedicated and supportive programmers and designers, all focused on building and maintaining a complex software product used by one of the largest technology companies in the world. We count on our developers to write elegant and well-documented code, with a strict eye towards separation of concerns and maintainability.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Collaborate with leads, developers, and designers to create and maintain responsive web front-ends
- Build new features
- Debug development and production issues across multiple browsers and devices
- Work towards improving code quality, internal tools/processes, and documentation
YOU MAY FIT THIS ROLE IF YOU:
- Enjoy building websites, web apps, and UIs
- Use web development tools, like NPM, Browserify, Yarn, and/or Webpack
- Keep up on standards, like ES6, HTML5, and CSS3
- Care deeply about the user experience, including performance and accessibility
- Pay strict attention to the details, and tend to obsess over them
- Understand when and how to add interactive elements, like animation
- Take production systems seriously, and expect others to do the same
- Know how to independently debug a complicated problem, and do so regularly
- Constantly learn new things, and enjoy both teaching others and being taught
- Understand the importance of testing, and how to write good tests
- Value tight teamwork to achieve results that surpass a single individual’s contributions
- Understand that every product/project requires an array of fields and talents, and respectful communication is a critical component in success
WHO ARE WE?
We are a technology company that connects people, products, and experiences in powerful ways. Our growing team of designers, developers, producers, strategists, and content creators is based across the US and globally. We believe in the power of storytelling, human-centric design, and the intersection of creativity with code to further humanity’s relationship with technology. If you’re the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, this is the place for you.
WHEN APPLYING, INCLUDE:
- A description of yourself—what’s your background, interests, and experience? What are you looking for?
- Links to some code you’ve written (GitHub?) and/or other relevant written works (blog, tutorials, books?)
- A resume or something similar (LinkedIn profile, StackOverflow developer story, etc)
Left Field Labs is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
For more information visit the USCIS’ website: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
Left Field Labs is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant’s criminal history (LAMC 189.00). Left Field Labs makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled team members.