MailerLite looking for Junior DevOps Engineer
MailerLite is looking for a SysAdmin/DevOps engineer ready and eager to learn new things. On our team, you will work closely together with our top-notch developers.
Your responsibility will be to support and develop the infrastructure behind our rapidly growing SaaS application.
You can work from our Vilnius office or remotely from anywhere, it’s up to you! We use Slack and Basecamp to stay connected as a team.
MailerLite is one of the fastest growing email marketing technologies. We help more than 600,000 businesses around the world keep in touch with their customers.
At MailerLite, we believe in keeping things simple — no corporate structure or unnecessary meetings. We have a flat organization with a team of highly-driven and talented people. Everyone on our team can pitch ideas for a new feature or propose a change and lead the project.
Our growing team of 45 people is united by enthusiasm for great products and delightful customer experiences.
We strive to build a company culture where work, socializing and personal development go hand in hand. Our culture is defined by10 company values.
We’re looking for an Junior SysAdmin/DevOps engineer:
- This is a junior position and you’ll be working and learning from our Senior employees
- You’ll be managing our bare metal and KVM platform
- You have automation in your mind when doing redundant tasks
- Experience with NGiNX, MySQL, PHP, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Experience with email managing: Postfix, OpenDKIM
- Learn, share and communicate – you’re a person that wants to learn and improve constantly
- Good background in Linux/Unix Administration
- As you develop, you’ll learn more about new technologies and tools like Ansible, Terraform and Kubernetes
- Networking knowledge
- Experience with monitoring tools
- This position is full time (40 hours per week) and candidates located in Europe have the advantage in applying
What we offer
- Competitive salary — we pay at or above market salary
- Remote-first culture with half of the team in Vilnius, Lithuania and the other half working remotely from all over the world
- Office or remote — you get to choose every day
- Free healthy lunches, snacks and coffee in the Vilnius office
- Company-paid retreats that we call workations. The entire team gathers twice a year in an exotic location to work, learn and have fun together for a week
- Flexible vacation. Take time off when you need it. We trust you
- MacBook Pro and other tools that you will need
Don’t send us your resume. We like to do things differently.
Instead, here is how we would like you to apply:
- Sign up for a free MailerLite account
- Create a newsletter about yourself and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you send the email, you will need your new account to be approved. In the approval form, you will be asked how you collect subscribers and what type of content you plan to send. Just write “Job application.”
Or, simply send us the url of your newsletter in your application email.
Things we would love to see in the newsletter:
- Links to your Linkedin, GitHuB, StackOverflow, Twitter, Facebook or personal homepage
- Companies you’ve worked at and your position within the company
- Why you want to join MailerLite
- Describe a project or product that you loved working on and why
- Expected salary
We’re excited to meet you! Good luck.