Manning Publications looking for designer (ui/ux, web, graphics)
Manning Publications, a leading publisher of books and videos in the field of computer science, is looking for a multi-talented Designer to create designs for our products, applications and websites. From developing sophisticated and innovative interfaces for a newly launched online reading application called liveBook, to creating engaging and marketing-savvy product imaging, there are many opportunities for a well-rounded and thoughtful designer to improve the user experience of Manning’s products. The ideal candidate will have both proven experience in successful user interaction design and a good eye for effective marketing.
what you’ll be doing
- Participate in design concept and development meetings
- Draft and present design proposals to improve the platform’s general user experience
- Produce mockups and prototypes for designs, and validate design assumptions through qualitative user testing
- Provide developers and engineers with markup, styles and graphics required to realize design vision. Act as the curator and maintainer of all design artifacts to include markup, styles, scripts and images
- Work with web developers and engineers to deliver the final product
- Produce marketing materials and other graphics as needed, including product imaging, mail templates and promotional ads
skills and abilities you’ll need
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles, careful attention to detail, as well as ability to grasp multiple product requirements
- Experience applying design skills towards a product development effort, where designs may result in minor visual changes, or substantial functional changes to established technical and business processes, and a discriminating understanding of the implications and differences between them
- Ability to create lo and hi-fidelity wireframes, prototypes, and screen flows using common graphic design and prototyping tools (Adobe Creative Suite, OmniGraffle, Sketch, Axure etc.)
- Experience with mobile user experience (UX) and website conversions
- Experience performing, analyzing, and applying user research to aid in design solutions
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (including user research, product management, marketing, and engineering)
- Sophisticated sense of typography (we are a book publisher)
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in digital design, graphic design, human-computer interaction, or equivalent professional experience as interactive/user experience designer
- Patience, persistence, creativity, diplomacy, and a sense of humor
How to Apply?
This is a remote working role and the successful applicant will demonstrate an ability to manage their own time and workload while maintaining a high level of quality output and consistent performance. To apply, please email a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com with Designer 2019_07 in the subject line.