MartianCraft looking for iOS UI/UX Designer
Are you looking to work on apps and features that actually ship, and take ownership of your work within a fast-paced business environment—with growth potential—all from the comfort of home?
MartianCraft works closely with enterprise clients to design unique business-focused applications used every day. Everything from focused financial applications to job and task specific apps used by people on job sites every day.
We are currently looking for designers to join our growing team. They will assist in designing new features and enhancements for a suite of existing apps as well. They will also work with, and help develop, a design system.
You Can Also Check
We’re looking for someone who can get up to speed quickly and familiarize themselves with the business goals of the organizations we work with, and how those guide product direction.
You’ll get to know these apps deeply, and will use our pattern libraries to design rapid prototypes and solve difficult problems for existing apps. You’ll accomplish this with close direction from the team, and collaboration with the client.
You’ll quickly grow to understand the business and the apps to identify when new components need to be added to the system based on business problems. You will work with leadership to make regular contributions to new or bespoke UI solutions.
You’ll work with our engineering team to facilitate smooth handoff.
- Day to day product execution guided by the Design lead.
- Understand a product’s vision and business needs.
- Iterate quickly on mockups in Sketch (or current tool) based on existing patterns to efficiently solve for current tasks.
- Develop custom UI for new apps and components which does not fit an existing component/pattern with UX Lead and Design Director.
- Work with team leader to present the work, usually in the form of InVision prototypes you would also be creating.
- Addressing any feedback and iterating on the designs through sign off.
- Work with our engineering team to implement these designs by supporting with assets and any notes needed.
- More than 3 years experience working in user interface design.
- Thorough knowledge of UI/UX design, working with design patterns, and agile methodologies.
- Portfolio must demonstrate experience working on native mobile applications.
- Demonstrate proﬁciency and understanding of industry standard design processes, methods, and tools.
- Fluency with iOS Human Interface Guidelines.
- Fluency in Sketch (app) and InVision.
- Strong typographic and data visualization skills.
- Experience working with data heavy applications.
- Experience working with Style Guides, Pattern Libraries, and Design Systems.
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Comfortable working remotely and able to travel onsite to client offices 2-4 times a year.
- Passionate about quality but also pragmatic in scope.
- BFA in Design or a related ﬁeld preferred.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US.
Candidates must be U.S.-based and able to travel 2 – 4 times a year to client site in Houston, TX.
This is a full-time employment position with a full benefits package including medical/dental/vision/Rx insurance, paid time off, and a 401(k).