Mastech Digital looking for Remote Web Designer / Developer (Drupal)
About the job
Job title: Web Designer / Developer (Drupal)
Duration: 12+ Months Contract to PERM role
Location: 100% remote <Work from home role>
No 3rd party candidates. USC/GC will be preferred. Need candidates on W2.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and maintain Drupal websites on Acquia Cloud platform, including website theming, building and module development.
- Coordinate front-end website design process, including wireframes, design mockups, style sheets, graphics, photos, flash animations and banners for NHGRI websites to ensure proper display of all content, including that of a scientific and technical nature.
- Develop mobile-friendly websites using responsive frameworks to ensure proper display of all content, including data visualizations and other content of a scientific and technical nature.
- Analyze website traffic and user experience data using Google Analytics and other tools to make recommendations about website usability and design.
- Design and develop email marketing templates for public email subscription services through MailChimp.
- Ensure website design and imagery meet search engine optimization (SEO) standards and best practices.
- Discuss scientific and technical concepts with NHGRI research staff to coordinate design and development of science-based websites.
- Ensure compliance with standards by adhering to government information security and privacy regulations.
- Provide documentation as required and participate in code reviews, planning sessions, and routine status meetings.
- Provide support for legacy applications, including the NHGRI Intranet.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Web Development, or a related discipline (or equivalent) and five years of related experience.
- Minimum of four years of experience in designing and developing web sites.
- Experience in converting comprehensive layout and wireframes into functional Drupal pages.
- Experience improving search engine optimization (SEO).
- Knowledge of User Experience (UX), Web design usability principles, and Section 508 accessibility requirements.
- Experience configuring, maintaining, and using content management systems such as Drupal.
- Experience working with Adobe XD or Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, and other design tools.
- Experience working with Cloud/Amazon Web Services, Windows Server and/or Linux servers.
- Experience working with databases.
- Experience developing mobile-friendly websites using frameworks, such as Bootstrap and Foundation.
- Experience in working in a team of web editors, programmers, and designers in order to create user-friendly websites and products.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a NIH Public Trust
Attributes for Success:
- Excellent analytical and organizational, skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time management skills.