MedStack looking for Front-End Developer
MedStack is on a mission to transform the process of healthcare innovation. The company is a venture-backed award-winning startup backed by prominent VCs and is a successful graduate of 500 Startups (Techcrunch pick) and the Creative Destruction Lab, and seeks to grow its technology team with the addition of a Front-End Developer / Full-Stack Developer to focus on feature additions and user journey in our new self-service offering MedStack Control.
Our product is a highly-advanced, automation-powered cloud hosting environment dedicated to digital health applications that automatically builds in and manages the privacy and security expectations that their customers (hospitals, insurance companies, public health and clinic networks, and patient populations themselves) adhere to, and that often create a massive barrier to innovation adoption. The company has several such applications on its network already across North America and beyond.
Our business is one of providing a subscription technology platform, but we are also an ecosystem, a community and are champions of startups and entrepreneurship. Our customers work with us and with each other to tackle the world’s biggest problem, making healthcare more efficient, accessible, economical and effective.
Our technology culture encompasses automation, security, collaboration, startup empowerment, creative problem-solving and user workflow.
– Planning and development of user experience and feature elements of MedStack Control, prioritizing delight in workflow, communication of business value and ease of use for our target user segment
– Integration with internal system-level APIs, DevOps workflows, security best-practices and third-party libraries and services as necessary (billing, monitoring, etc)
– Ownership of our UI framework strategy, evaluating, recommending and integrating new frameworks and tools as necessary to constantly optimize our technology flexibility and robustness
– Support for our customer community by way of technical problem solving as first triaged by Support and scoping of new customer requests as prioritized by Product Management
– Participation in standups, sprint planning, pair coding, code reviews and architecture and roadmap discussions
– 3-5 years’ practical experience as a Front-End, Full-Stack or Web Developer
Particularly demonstrable experience and preference for ruby
– Some familiarity with DevOps culture and processes, cloud deployments (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud and their tooling and native services) is an asset
– Comfort working in small collaborative teams with independent ownership and self-direction
– Familiarity with and comfort with remote work environments integrating digital collaboration tools such as Slack and videoconferencing
Preference will be given to candidates with experience with building B2B SaaS products
– Superior communication skills – we work largely remotely and so rely heavily on how we communicate problems, opinions, plans and solutions to each other
– A portfolio of personal projects that demonstrate your interest and coding ability (eg Github repository) isn’t essential, but preferred
– MedStack is a remote work culture company. Each team member has a distinct set of responsibilities and is self-directed, often working from home. We rely on video conferencing and heavy Slack communication extensively.
We meet as a team at least twice a month to celebrate, speak frankly, plan, tackle challenges and learn from each other.
– For this position, because of team structure, we are prioritizing candidates based in the Hamilton area where other members of our development team reside.
– We have high standards for specificity, accuracy, and quality. Our core product is digital security infrastructure and everything from our team processes to our brand reflects a culture of facts-first, entrepreneurship vs the status quo, celebrating our customers’ success before ours and collaboration and openness.
– We are not hierarchical and we have stringent and bold objectives on diversity and inclusion (nearly half our current team identifies as female).
– This position is intermediate salaried with a generous benefits and vacation package. You will have the opportunity to partake in the company’s employee stock option plan, and there is no better time to come into an early-stage award-winning company that is redefining an industry with a strong brand.
Candidates should be prepared for a small live pseudo-coding challenge in the interviewing process.
– Selected candidates will be offered a limited scope but company-valuable project to build on their own time via a small paid contract. This code and the development strategy behind it will be evaluated as a final step towards offer of the full-time position.