Merj looking for Head of SEO
Salary: Depends upon experience (highly competitive).
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Location: London based office (or remote working).
Merj is a London based digital agency that specialises in producing simple solutions to complex problems with zero fluff. We build in-house software that solves common problems that both we and our clients face on a regular basis.
As part of a team, we analyse issues faced by our clients and produce intelligent, compelling, and actionable solutions which can involve anything from data acquisition and analysis, to development and technical SEO.
We understand we can’t find the team we’re looking for in a single location, so we are building a remote working culture that allows a healthy work/life balance.
You Can Also Check
About the role
Heading up the SEO team, you will responsible for:
- Developing SEO strategic oversight for our local and international clients.
- Analysing and improve client search performances.
- Managing timelines, expectations, and deliverables.
- Nurturing and developing client relationships.
- Growing our revenue and team to be a world leading consulting agency.
- Working with our development team to drive innovation for our products and services.
Within Merj, you’ll be leading the SEO team and take ownership of strategy, with your work having a positive impact on our core business; helping to drive growth both for clients and Merj.
As teamwork is such a large part of our company, you’ll be sharing and receiving knowledge and experiences in the form of training, research, and development.
Skills and experience
You should be able to demonstrate or have experience in the following:
- Over five years working in digital marketing while working on organic search projects.
- Experience working with developers and other digital marketers where you have led increases in important metrics (such as revenue, users, visibility etc).
- Excellent knowledge of all elements of search optimisation: on-page, off-site, and technical.
- Strong analytical experience with Google Analytics, Omniture/SiteCatalyst and other major platforms.
- Up to date at all times with industry best practice and be able to communicate effectively to the team.
- Experience with at least two different content management systems (off-the-shelf or bespoke). You should also understand the benefits and drawbacks of each.
- Strong experience with Request for Proposals and pitching.
- Excellent communication with stakeholders.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Personal skills and interests
- A high standard of written and spoken English is important.
- You should be comfortable in challenging yourself, asking for feedback, and acting on it.
- The ability to hold yourself accountable for your on client commitments is important.
- Be ready to empathise with your team and earn your clients’ trust.
- You should enjoy working with large amounts of data and be able to draw and implement conclusions from your analysis.
- A want to optimise workflows to reduce repetitive tasks while being resourceful and adaptable is important. Sometimes, you might have to make use of limited resources.
- You should have a genuine curiosity for how things work and treat every challenge is an opportunity to grow.
Any of the following would be very beneficial:
- Excellent written and verbal communication in a second language.
- Experience in writing for digital journals about organic search, programming or security.
- Contributed to Open Source projects.
- Have your own personal blog, Medium or similar.
- Web coding experience in HTML and CSS.
- Knowledge of server operating systems *nix (OpenBSD, FreeBSD or GNU/Linux).
- You must be eligible to work or contract in the UK.
- Must submit to a confidential background check.
You can expect to receive
- A Competitive salary.
- 23 days annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
- A personal development budget alongside a personal workspace budget.
- Flexibility around your working hours.
- A welcoming, collaborative, and rewarding workspace that builds a positive employee oriented culture.
- The opportunity to work with some of the biggest clients and brands on the planet while helping to build the company and your position within it.
How to Apply?
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Could this job be suitable for someone else? Help them find a new great place to work.