Merj looking for SEO Consultant Role
Salary: Depends upon experience (highly competitive).
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Merj is a London based digital agency that specialises in producing simple solutions to complex problems with zero fluff. We build in-house software that solves common problems that both we and our clients face on a regular basis.
As part of a team, we analyse issues faced by our clients and produce intelligent, compelling, and actionable solutions which can involve anything from data acquisition and analysis, to development and technical SEO.
We understand we can’t find the team we’re looking for in a single location, so we are building a remote working culture that allows a healthy work/life balance.
You Can Also Check
About the role
Working closely with the founders of the company, and as part of the consulting team, you will:
- Develop technical strategies that integrate with all digital channels.
- Identify, recommend, and prioritise solutions for technical issues that could affect organic search performance or security.
- Analyse and improve client search performances.
- Manage timelines, expectations, and deliverables.
- Nurture and develop client relationships.
Within Merj, you’ll be leading clients and take ownership of strategy, with your work having a positive impact on our core business; helping to drive growth both for clients and Merj.
As teamwork is such a large part of our company, you’ll be sharing and receiving knowledge and experiences in the form of training, research, and development.
Skills and experience
You should be able to demonstrate or have experience in the following:
- Over three years working in digital marketing while working on organic search projects.
- Experience working with developers and other digital marketers where you have led increases in important metrics (such as revenue, users, visibility etc).
- Strong knowledge of all elements of search optimisation: on-page, off-site, and technical.
- Ability to balance technical SEO tasks versus user experience and familiarity with SEO tools such as Deep Crawl, Botify, Screaming Frog, Google Search Console, AHREFS, and SEMrush.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Omniture/SiteCatalyst and other analytics platforms.
- Experience with at least two different content management systems (off-the-shelf or bespoke). You should also understand the benefits and drawbacks of each.
Personal skills and interests
- A high standard of written and spoken English is important.
- You should be comfortable in challenging yourself, asking for feedback, and acting on it.
- The ability to hold yourself accountable for delivery on client commitments is important.
- Be ready to empathise with your team and earn your clients’ trust.
- You should enjoy working with large amounts of data and be able to draw and implement conclusions from your analysis.
- A want to optimise workflows to reduce repetitive tasks while being resourceful and adaptable is important. Sometimes, you might have to make use of limited resources.
- You should have a genuine curiosity for how things work and treat every challenge is an opportunity to grow.
Any of the following would be very beneficial:
- Excellent written and verbal communication in a second language.
- Experience in writing for digital journals about organic search, programming or security.
- Contributed to Open Source projects.
- Web coding experience in HTML and CSS.
- Knowledge of server operating systems *nix (OpenBSD, FreeBSD or GNU/Linux).
- You must be eligible to work or contract in the UK.
- Must submit to a confidential background check.
You can expect to receive
- A Competitive salary.
- 25 days annual leave, plus UK bank holidays.
- A personal development budget alongside a personal workspace budget.
- Flexibility around your working hours.
- A welcoming, collaborative, and rewarding workspace that builds a positive employee oriented culture.
- The opportunity to work with some of the biggest clients and brands on the planet while helping to build the company and your position within it.
How to Apply?
Want to apply?
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. Could this job be suitable for someone else? Help them find a new great place to work.