What’s the Big Opportunity?
This is your opportunity to join our team of 50+ to help us build a state-of-the-art B2C e-commerce platform & brand from the comfort of your own home for a rapidly scaling, profitable, 8-figure company.
We’re fully hitting our stride in the exploding $250+ billion health and wellness field. And this is your chance to help make a meaningful impact on the lives of people who struggle with their health by accelerating our ability to penetrate this market with our robust product offerings (see more below).
To that end, our goal is to build the first billion-dollar brand that’s 100% remote… and need your help.
To summarize the key points:
- Salary: $110,000 – $140,000
- Location: 100% Remote
- Benefits: Full Insurance (health, dental & long-term disability) + Robust 401k
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 (and very flexible)
- Culture: High-Performance but Humble (no jerks)
Who are We Looking For?
A full-time, senior, full-stack, brilliant, business-savvy web architect / web developer with heavy big data experience in the direct-to-consumer e-commerce space. It’s a full-time, 100% remote position with a flexible work/vacation schedule as lifestyle is hugely important to our company.
A curious mind, desire for autonomy while excelling in an open, truly collaborative culture of high performers makes would make you a perfect fit. These aren’t talking points. This is what we do, now.
We’re on pace to double this year and repeat that next year. To that end, we need more help tackling some very big engineering projects so we can handle our next leg of growth. We’re laser-focused on recruiting someone with a business mindset who loves to solve big business problems by developing beautiful, efficient code and who enjoys having immediate, visible influence on the company’s results.
The ideal person is extremely results-driven and gets tremendous satisfaction from having their work see the light of day quickly… and being motivated by seeing the impact it has. We want someone of who obsesses about and loves to code… but also someone who loves to solve big business problems.
Projects include everything from handling the massive system and data load that spending $1,000,000+ monthly on paid advertising brings, to building automated workflow tools to streamline internal operations, to developing sophisticated if/then logic in our billing code to handle the creative pricing and offers we use in our customer acquisition funnels.
For example, we built our own all-in-one e-commerce system in 2012 as nothing handled the complex billing and funnel logic we needed to support our sophisticated B2C marketing strategies. However, now we’re moving over to the Shopify platform and strategically integrating our existing platform. That requires a complex analysis on which system does which part the best and building a smart integration.
As another example, we build our own custom dashboards to precisely track our advertising efforts. To that end, we integrate with Google and Facebook’s APIs to ingest all the data they provide. As a result, we end up with millions of rows of data a month that needs to be efficiently organized so we can use our BI tool to extract key business insights effectively.
The ideal person is extremely self-motivated, loves to grind out work consistently and is comfortable being hands-on in all facets of web engineering from the browser-to-the-code-to-the-server. Experience with marketing funnels, e-commerce systems, split testing, sales analytics, conversion rate optimization is essential.
We empower our developers with a lot of autonomy and responsibility for some very meaty projects that have very large $ impacts. To that end, this opportunity is suited only for a high-performing full-stack developer with an integrative mindset and proven ability to get things done cleanly and on time.
You will work hand-in-hand with our CTO to optimize, support and manage our entire web infrastructure. You and our two other senior devs form our core development team of 4, covering for each other as vacation and other needs arise, while working synergistically on separate projects.
Just as we obsess about creating metabolism-optimizing products that get the most results in the least time, we’re looking for someone equally obsessed about doing the same thing with efficient code.
While your coding skills are important, it’s how fast you process information, how quickly (and accurately) you can cycle through work and how well you work with the rest of our team that’s crucial. To that end, communication is key to this role, as is the ability to self-motivate and quickly turn a business conversation into an actionable set of dev tasks that you can jump on immediately.
Who is This Opportunity Perfect for?
Anybody who truly is a top coder and creative architect who might relate to any of these:
If you’re tired of the commute, sick of burning the midnight oil, stress is dominating your life, and the cost of real estate is eating up your retirement, this is your opportunity to take back control, live life under your own terms and design a lifestyle that brings you joy, happiness and satisfaction.
Or, if you’ve always wanted to be a part of the thrill of a rapidly growing company, but didn’t want to move to an expensive big city with all the madness, stress and high cost that brings, this is your opportunity to stay where you are (or move to where you always wanted to go) to design your ideal life.
Or, if you’re drowning in the corporate world, suffocating from constantly shifting priorities that nobody agrees on, incessant scope creep, micromanaging bosses, endless meetings, constant interruptions and no respect for the quiet time you need to actually get work done, this is your opportunity to simplify and go deep – to pour your heart and soul into ONE big opportunity… and scale it like never before.
Regardless of your situation, whether you prefer to work in the quiet of your own home, sipping a delicious cup of coffee at your favorite coffee shop, or outside enjoying the sunshine on a bright, beautiful day… AND you are a humble, high-performing individual who would THRIVE in this type of environment, then please read on, as we can’t wait to meet you.
What You’ll Enjoy from Us:
- Competitive Compensation – This respects the fact that you are a needle in a haystack, a true high-performer who any company would die for to have on their team.
- Flexible Benefits – While we offer an excellent benefits package, we can customize it to your specific situation, rather than forcing you to accept something that may not make sense for you.
- 100% Remote – A fantastic remote lifestyle with flexible hours when needed with ability to carve out time to do what you love.
- Curated Team – Peace of mind knowing we only recruit high-performing, humble people and that you’ll be surrounded by a supportive, high-energy team that respects you and your work.
If this sounds like a good fit, if you’re excited to do something challenging and meaningful that preserves your ability to enjoy life to the fullest, then please apply ASAP as we can’t wait to meet you!
Skills & requirements
What are the Requirements?
- Deep experience as an end-to-end web application developer/web architect responsible for every single part of the project including requirements gathering, project management, system architecture, infrastructure setup, coding, integrating with 3rd parties, documenting and testing.
- Heavy marketing-systems focus with deep experience in e-commerce, payment processing, split testing, funnel development, analytics, page speed optimization, API integrations, etc.
- 10+ years’ experience as a software engineer/web developer with recent, applicable focus on database-driven web applications on a LAMP stack.
- Ability to build complex PHP applications quickly, efficiently, and under pressure. Our application stack runs on CodeIgniter, so working knowledge of that framework is a plus.
- Just as good with SQL as you are with PHP with ability to write ad-hoc queries for data extracts by hand, optimize tables with 100s of millions of rows, and designed database schemas. MySQL / MariaDB powers our infrastructure.
- Understanding of web performance optimization.
- Basic understanding of algorithms, data structures, and time complexity analysis / big-O notation.
- Solid knowledge of Linux, Apache, and general infrastructure/server configuration and administration.
- You’re a self-starter who can take initiative and run with the ball without having to be told what to do and you love analyzing seemingly intractable problems and devising creative solutions.
- You’re a strong project manager who can scope out technical requirements based on business needs, define deliverables, create a project plan and then execute and deliver upon that plan.
- You’re available during normal ET business hours (8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) with occasional off-hour support during critical business events.
- Prior experience working remotely.
What Will You Be Responsible for?
- You’ll be working on a mix of challenging front-end and back-end projects.
- Primary focus will be adding advanced features and functionality to our direct-to-consumer software platform (LAMP) and Shopify e-commerce platform, integrating with 3rd party tools, optimizing our web infrastructure and creating workflow automation modules.
- Designing, maintaining and enhancing internal systems, programs and web applications, including e-commerce, marketing campaign tracking, content management and more.
- Building and improving existing and new analytics and reports using MySQL, large datasets, and a custom-build replication and data warehouse engine.
- Manage asset, code, and database deployments to managed servers and cloud servers, as well as building or finding tools to improve and automate the deployment and testing process.
- Proactively suggest ways to improve any system you work with, looking for opportunities to use technology to deliver clear, measurable value to the business.
5 Key Attributes We Look For:
- Gets Results – Produces the most meaningful results the fastest by seeking clarity on company priorities, understanding the stakes while efficiently cycling through tasks.
- Quickly Engages – Gets time working in our favor ASAP by immediately attacking projects with a sense of urgency, using just enough planning, while maintaining high intensity.
- Takes Ownership – Delivers high-quality work by taking personal responsibility for projects with a deep sense of pride, anticipating issues, solving problems proactively.
- Relentlessly Persists – Stays focused until the task is done by embracing a get-it-done attitude and relentlessly attacking problems at different angles until they’re solved.
- Collaborates Smoothly – Gets things done faster and smoother by collaborating to trigger parallel work, listening intently and communicating quickly, accurately and transparently.