Metabolic Living looking for Senior Front-end UX Web Developer – (Remote + Full Time)
What’s the Big Opportunity?
We’re looking for a razor-sharp user-oriented UX developer to lead the front-end coding of our new flagship e-commerce website and app to launch our new brand as we sunset our 8yr-old previous brand.
You will 100% own the front-end development of both of these efforts while collaborating with our fully-remote team of 80+ as we jointly build a state-of-the-art B2C e-commerce platform & brand… all from the comfort of your own home for a rapidly scaling, profitable, multiple 8-figure company.
In addition, you will be the internal leader who develops the vision and strategies to leverage the latest and most appropriate in front-end technologies to deliver fast, engaging, smooth, reliable and innovative user experiences.
Yes, we need someone who can carve up mock-ups – but we’re looking for so much more. We want to tap into your creative problem solving brain to improve overall usability – to smartly leverage technology to make everything faster, more scalable, smoother, and easier.
We’re fully hitting our stride in the exploding $250+ billion health and wellness field. And this is your chance to help make a meaningful impact on the lives of people who struggle with their health by accelerating our ability to penetrate this market with our robust product offerings (see more below).
If you’re addicted to the satisfaction that comes from grinding away to perfect your code, and…
- You LOVE spending hours meticulously turning PSDs into pixel-perfect executions…
- You LOVE taking a holistic approach with heavy user focus, inclusive of UX and UI thinking…
- You LOVE developing projects the RIGHT way, with clean, tested, well-document code…
- You LOVE figuring out how to create fast-loading websites and apps with the latest tech…
- You LOVE to think about your work (and not just do as told) to creatively solve problems…
Then please read on as you’re the ideal candidate… and we’d love to talk to you ASAP.
To summarize the key points:
- Salary: $75,000 – $125,000
- Location: 100% Remote (virtual team of 80+ with no corporate office)
- Benefits: Full Insurance (health, dental & long-term disability) + Robust 401k
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 (preferably Eastern time but flexible)
- Culture: High-Performance but Humble (no jerks) that Creates Space for Deep Work
- Personality: Obsessed with Details so We can Simplify the Complex for Others
Who is This Opportunity Perfect for?
A masterful user-focused, problem solving front-end UX developer who might relate to any of these:
If you’re tired of the commute, sick of burning the midnight oil, stress is dominating your life, and the cost of real estate is eating up your retirement, this is your opportunity to take back control, live life under your own terms and design a lifestyle that brings you joy, happiness and satisfaction.
Or, if you’re frustrated bouncing around from one project to the next, constantly shifting priorities, deadlines that jump from ambiguous to unrealistic, getting lost in spaghetti code from too many cooks in the kitchen or having to clean up other people’s undocumented, poorly written code, this is your opportunity to reclaim your sanity and align yourself with an organization who likes to do things RIGHT.
Or, if you’re drowning in the corporate or agency world, suffocating from lack of clarity, incessant scope creep, micromanaging bosses, endless meetings, constant interruptions and no respect for the quiet time you need to actually get work done, this is your opportunity to simplify and go deep – to pour your heart and soul into ONE big opportunity… and scale it like never before.
Or, if you’ve tried the freelance thing, but found it challenging or simply not fun doing the sales and marketing piece to land new clients so you could provide yourself or your family with a steady income, this is your opportunity find a long-term home with an organization who cares and who will constantly put fun, meaningful and challenging projects on your plate to keep things exciting and interesting.
Regardless of your situation, whether you prefer to work in the quiet of your own home, sipping a delicious cup of coffee at your favorite coffee shop, or outside enjoying the sunshine on a bright, beautiful day… AND you are a humble, high-performing individual who would THRIVE in this type of environment, then please read on, as we can’t wait to meet you.
Who Are We and What’s the Company’s Background?
Our mission is to empower people to thrive EVERY day so they can enjoy life to the fullest. We’re doing this by spreading our metabolism-first success framework to a worldwide audience. It’s a flexible, fun lifestyle that’s 100% focused on consistently getting you the results that matter: looking your best, feeling your best and performing your best. In the shortest time possible. And in a way that sticks.
It puts YOU back in control. It helps YOU understand how your body and metabolism works. It empowers YOU to fix your own problems. And because it alleviates the frustration and confusion so many of us experience when trying to fix our health, it makes you want to tell the world about it.
Our vision is to do this by growing into a billion-dollar multi-channel brand that’s distributed via online, mobile and physical retail. For 8 years, we’ve been painstakingly building the products, services, framework, team and culture to make this happen. And now we’re scaling into a much larger stage.
We’ve built a full ecosystem of products that allow someone to live a metabolism-first lifestyle. This includes exercise and nutrition programs, nutraceuticals, functional foods, memberships and coaching programs. We’re launching a mobile app next year, then will push into offline retail, extend into home-delivered meals and more. But ONE thing at a time, just like we’ve done for 8 years.
Our next major step is rolling out our new Metabolic Living brand and centralized e-commerce website at www.metabolicliving.com, scheduled to be live in first half of 2020. We will consolidate into this centralized website our various product-branded microsites like at www.metabolicrenewal.com.
So why is a metabolism-first lifestyle needed? Because there are record amounts of sick, overweight, tired and depressed people piling up around the world. We’re over-worked, over-stressed, over-fed and full of toxins. And we’re deprived of the sleep, nutrition, movement and relaxation we need to thrive.
Unfortunately, the typical solution of extreme dieting and exercise traps people into a 1-step-forward, 2-steps back vicious cycle that makes them worse off. They bounce from one latest flavor-of-the-month program to the next, never making progress… trapped in a downward spiral of increasing desperation.
And philosophies like Paleo or Vegan, while extremely healthy for some, create a rigid us-vs-them tribal mentality that’s self-limiting. Neither of those philosophies work for all people all the time… or even the same person all the time. People differ. Bodies change. If that’s not respected, things will backfire.
The answer? Instead of trying to FIND the perfect program, people need to CREATE their own – one that respects how YOUR body works. And that’s where our metabolism-first framework comes in.
It empowers you with a repeatable, customizable method to optimize your metabolism. Because we’ve found through working with millions of people that a fully optimized metabolism is what delivers the results everyone wants – feeling their best, looking their best and performing their best, EVERY day.
So, instead of fighting against your body and getting inconsistent results with a one-size fits all program or protocol, we teach you to work with your body to enjoy consistent results by building your OWN perfect customized program. One that’s practical, enjoyable and sustainable… and starts working fast.
What Are the Requirements?
- Deep experience as a front-end web application developer with back-end or full-stack experience responsible for every single part of the project including requirements gathering, project management, design planning, PSD slicing, coding, integrating with 3rd parties, documenting and testing.
- Strong focus on user experience, including cross-browser testing, mobile support, accessibility, and use of color and negative space.
- Deep experience gathering requirements, documenting features, developing proposals, and translating business requirements into clear and concise technical requirements.
- Ability to translate the UI/UX Design Wireframes and Technical Requirement Documentation to actual code that will produce the desired user experience reliably and accurately.
- Expert-level understanding of CSS, including CSS3, CSS4 modules, shadow DOM manipulations, CSS custom properties, and CSS animations and modern HTML
- Basic familiarity with PHP and SQL (MySQL / MariaDB powers our infrastructure) for the purposes of understanding existing code.
- Heavy marketing-systems focus with deep experience in e-commerce, split testing, funnel development, analytics, page speed optimization, API integrations, etc.
- Extensive experience successfully dealing with all cross-browser compatibility issues and building creative solutions to overcome them
- 5+ years’ experience as a senior front-end developer with recent, applicable focus on database-driven web applications on a LAMP stack.
- Ability to deliver new features quickly, efficiently, and under pressure.
- Understanding of web performance optimization.
- Basic familiarity with Linux, Apache, and command-line tools including git.
- You’re a self-starter who can take initiative and run with the ball without having to be told what to do and you love analyzing seemingly intractable problems and devising creative solutions.
- You’re a strong project manager who can scope out technical requirements based on business needs, define deliverables, create a project plan and then execute and deliver upon that plan.
- You’re available during normal ET business hours (8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) with occasional off-hour support during critical business events.
What You’ll Enjoy from Us:
- A Curated Team – A very supportive team of other high-performers who like to get things done, hold themselves accountable and help each other out wherever possible.
- A Nurturing Culture – A culture that supports and nurtures your need to learn, grow and challenge yourself to be the best you possibly can be.
- A Fantastic Lifestyle – A 100% remote experience that allows you to work from home with a lot of flexibility in choosing how you work with us.
If this sounds like a good fit, if you’re excited to do something challenging and meaningful that preserves your ability to enjoy life to the fullest, then please apply ASAP as we can’t wait to meet you!