What is the opportunity?
Mixmax is looking for an experienced Front-End Developer to join our design team! You will work closely with our design and engineering team on a variety of projects and technical challenges. Ideal candidates will have solid expertise in CSS and possess a passion for self-learning.
What will I be doing?
As a UI Engineer, you will be working cross-functionally with engineers with a design sense, and designers who can code to provide a great customer experience.
- You will maintain and write efficient, beautiful, and reusable front-end code that will power our website and application.
- You will assist with website modernization and framework migration. (Backbone → React)
- You will assist with squashing bugs and fixing rendering issues across our product.
- You will participate in the design process of every feature you work on.
- You will test our UI across multiple browsers and devices to ensure consistency in user experience and look.
What skills do I need?
Your specific education and number of years of experience do not matter. We encourage you to apply, even if only some of these are relevant to you.
- You are a well-rounded UI engineer, who’s as enthusiastic about creating beautiful, reusable and performant front-end components.
- You have 1+ years of experience building web applications.
- You have a sense of urgency and ownership over the product.
- You have a great attitude towards work and people.
- You have experience with front-end technologies such as React, jQuery, Styled Components, Webpack and Gulp.
- You have experience with web accessibility (a11y), internationalization and localization (i18n).
- You are willing to learn new technologies, languages, and frameworks.
- You have experience with visual, unit, and integration testing.
This role is not a full-stack position and does not require extensive server-side or backend knowledge. We are open to all applicants worldwide, but you must be able to work hours that overlap a minimum of 4 hours between 9am–6pm Pacific time.
Mixmax is email, rebuilt for the modern business professional. Our mission is to make work communication expressive, automated, and intelligent. Our current customers are salespeople, recruiters, and customer success people. We recently raised a $10.3M Series A with Creandum (early Spotify investors) and SaaStr.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.