Mobile Nations looking for PHP Developer
We are looking for an experienced PHP developer to join our team. You will be working with designers and other developers to maintain and support our network of web properties, as well as developing new features and enhancements.
- Implement new features and enhancements in performant, PHP code.
- Support and maintain the existing PHP code base.
- Investigate, diagnose and fix bugs.
- Optimize performance of code as well as your workflow.
- Document and comment your work.
- Add unit tests.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Adaptable to existing conventions and changing requirements.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Interest in learning and researching new technologies.
- Ability to perform both independently and collaboratively in a team.
Your Skills & Experience
- Proficient in both procedural and object oriented PHP programming.
- Experience with package managers. (Composer, NPM)
- Experience with templating engines. (Twig, Mustache, etc)
- Experience with the command line. (Linux)
- Experience with version control software. (Git)
- Experience with relational databases. (MySQL)
- Experience with caching systems. (memcache)
- Understanding of modern CSS and HTML (Semantic Markup, Media Queries, Flexbox, Responsive Design, Mobile First, etc).
Extra Bonus Points
- A diploma or degree in web development or computer science.
- Experience with Drupal and/or vBulletin.
- Experience with Laravel or Symfony.
- Experience with Vagrant.
- Experience with Test Driven Development.
- Experience with testing frameworks. (PHPUnit)
- Experience working with remote teams.