Mobile Nations looking for SEO Specialist – Remote Position
Mobile Nations is looking for an SEO pro who shares our passion for all things tech, someone who can join the team and help optimize our network and grow the company to the next level. If you think you’ve got what it takes, check out the details below!
Mobile Nations operates several sites in the consumer technology space. Each site has its own cloud of keywords together with posts targeting those keywords. We use commonly available tools to analyse and monitor those keywords and of course traffic in general.
We market two broad bases of content, editorial and commerce, with stakeholders for each. We’re disciplined about ranking with targeted content, but there is room for improvement in prioritizing content around what our audience is searching for, as well as improving or removing content that’s not valuable to our readers.
Working remotely and reporting to the Data & SEO Analyst and the VP of Content, this role sits between editorial and commerce teams to increase the keywords we capture with new targeted content as well as providing the consistent base of monitoring and analysis required to keep existing content performing well.
In addition to making efforts to improve organic visibility, the role will also be heavily involved with technical cleanup of the MoNa properties. This is to ensure our viewers have the best experience possible, and so we’re in full compliance with Google and other search engines.
- Daily title audit to ensure article titles are properly optimized
- Adding keywords to tracking tools weekly, tagging appropriately
- Internal & External Link Building
- Thin Content clean-up / maintenance
- Content no-indexing, removal, and redirects
- Custom Meta Title & Descriptions
- Content Battle Planning via keyword research
KPIs and Goals
- Improvement in overall search volume captured
- Improvements in number of interlinks and quality
- Growth of external backlinks
- Decreasing number of issues reported on monthly crawls / automated audits.
- 2+ years in a search engine optimization role
- Familiar with Google Analytics & Google Search Console
- Knowledge of SEO tools is preferred, but not required
- Keep up-to-date with SEO best practices via blogs or other methods
- A passion for all things mobile / tech