Modis currently has a long-term freelance remote opportunity for a Web Developer in Nashville, TN. This client helps mission-driven organizations such as churches, nonprofits, and businesses achieve their goals with their websites and digital marketing. Their vision is to give organizations a partner they can count on to help them achieve their mission through the way they share their story. Below are the requirements for the position available.
Ability to work minimum of 12-month contract working 15-20 hours per week with possibility to work 40 hours in 6 – 12 months based on the number of projects taken on.
• Write thoughtful, efficient code using best development practices and established company standards
• Create WordPress themes and plugins from boilerplate code using designs provided by web designer • Integrate data from various backend databases and 3rd party services
• Problem solve and troubleshoot various issues with existing WordPress & WooCommerce sites
• Provide suggestions for improvement of existing & future projects
• Work independently and meet deadlines
• 2-5 years relevant work experience. • Proficiency in HTML, CSS, Sass, PHP
• knowledge of Node.js, NPM, Gulp, Plesk • Solid understanding of the full web development process including local development, deployment and hosting
• Understanding of industry standard UI/UX, security, privacy, and SEO best practices
• Experience using and integrating with Advanced Custom Fields, Gravity Forms, and other well-established WordPress plugins
• Experience using a framework for frontend development (ideally Foundation by Zurb)
Please reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-472-2925 or apply below if you are interested in hearing more about this position.