Muck Rack looking for Front End Developer
What’s a Muck Rack?
We are a fast-growing, savvy team of motivated individuals based in New York City committed to building the best SaaS platform available for PR teams to effectively find the right journalists for their stories, send customized pitches, collaborate as a team, quantify their impact, and more.
Inspired by the journalists of the Progressive Era, we at Muck Rack have created the tools professionals need to be their own modern-day muckrakers. Our platform makes it easy for public relations agencies, media publications, businesses, journalists, and more to hone in on the stories that matter most to them.
Fortune 500 brands, agencies and startups rely on Muck Rack to manage relationships with the media and boost coverage more efficiently. Today’s PR professionals have no time for inaccurate contact information, disjointed workflows or archaic software. That’s why many companies use Muck Rack to take their communications to the next level.
Muck Rack is also the solution of choice for journalists, who use their free, automatically updating portfolios to showcase their work and to provide information about what stories they’re looking for, their personal interests, and how they prefer to be pitched.
What We Offer
Muck Rack boasts a very flexible remote working policy. We believe if you let responsible people handle their own work on their own priorities and timeline, not only will you produce better work, but you will be a happier employee!
We are devoted to our wonderful customers, transparent with one another, take ownership over our work, and remain resilient when presented with challenges.
We offer eligible employees access to quality health insurance and 401(k) plans, equipment purchases, a generous vacation policy, personal development, and more.
Our tech stack includes Python, Django, Celery, Sass, Webpack, Redis, Elasticsearch, Nginx, Gunicorn, Varnish, Ansible, CircleCI and more.
We are looking for a talented and motivated front-end web developer to help us build and maintain important user-facing features on Muck Rack alongside our engineering and product management teams. You are someone who:
- Feels comfortable bridging the gap between UI/UX design concepts and technical implementation, and evaluating the technical feasibility of said designs
- Can address typical issues that arise while maintaining the front-end of a complex web application like browser bugs, visual discrepancies, etc.
- Enjoys working in small, cross-functional teams, taking ownership of your work, and fostering a positive rapport with colleagues
- Prefers a workflow that blends both Agile and traditional concepts
- Values user-friendliness, speed, scalability, consistency and accessibility over style and aesthetics
- Defaults to being transparent and over-communicating when necessary
- Has been known to submit a rousing pull request
- Is willing to provide attentive code reviews as needed
Skills and Qualifications
At minimum, you should feel confident in your abilities to:
- Write valid web markup using modern techniques (HTML5, CSS3, ES6)
- Write CSS using pre-/post-processing platforms such as Sass, LESS, and PostCSS
- Follow naming conventions and write DRY/modular code where possible
- Perform cross-browser debugging and testing
- Use version control (Git, GitHub) and package managers (npm, yarn) effectively
And feel pretty good about your understanding of:
- Asynchronous requests (AJAX) and partial page updates
- SEO principles for large web applications
- Responsive web design for large web applications
- The terminal/command line
- Image authoring tools like Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments to image assets
And if you have any familiarity with:
- Rapid prototyping
- Django (a Python web framework) and/or MySQL
- Productivity tools like Slack, Trello, Zapier, Google G Suite, and Productboard
Well then, bonus points for you
Click below link to apply for this job: