We’re looking for outstanding back-end developers located in Europe to join our Development Teams. If you’re passionate about coding, fluent in database architecture and know WordPress API inside and out, we need you.
Besides being really smart, autonomous and a WordPress expert, you need to be a very good team player.
What the role involves
You will work on the backend development team for our plugins used by hundreds of thousands of users on a monthly basis.
Your tasks will span from bug fixing to implementing new features, both expecting that new and changed code is covered by tests.
Additionally, you will be asked to review other developer’s code, interact with the support team to help troubleshooting client’s issues and interact with your and other teams to both share knowledge and help different products work together smoothly.
What is required
- 5-7 years’ experience working as a backend PHP web developer
- At least 3 years’ experience in WordPress plugin and theme development.
- A comprehensive understanding of what it takes to write secure and performant code.
- Excellent understanding of OOP.
- Strong background in efficient database usage with MySQL.
- Experience working with at least one automated testing framework.
- Aware of best practices and experience working with remote teams.
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Working in European time zones
- [Preferable] Accessible repositories (GitHub, BitBucket, GitLab, etc.) with some example of code meeting the previous requirements
What you can expect from your work at OnTheGoSystems:
- Face challenges together, in a team
- Learn new tools and techniques
- Get better every day
- Pick your development environment
- Be part of a flat organization, where your voice is always heard
Is this the job you were looking for? Please, send your application and let’s talk.