Application Deadline: September 9, 2018
Panda Game Manufacturing is a world renowned tabletop game manufacturer. With a focus on industry-leading component quality and service, we have produced thousands of tabletop games for clients around the world.
Panda has worked with first-time game designers as well as industry titans to create products ranging from small card games to award-winning deluxe board games.
Our head office is located in Vancouver, Canada, our manufacturing base is in Shenzhen, China, and we have a team working remotely from their home offices in over 15 cities across North America and Europe.
Although Panda is a global and diverse team, our common bond is our passion to produce (and play) the best quality games in the business!
Panda is currently seeking a Contract Software Developer to help build file upload tools that will integrate with our current app for our clients, internal sales, product and global manufacturing teams. The Software Developer will work closely with our Technology Manager, based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, but will also support Panda team members around the globe.
1. Software Development
- Develop features into our current Vue app to allow users to upload files directly to S3
- Sync S3 buckets between our Oregon and Tokyo servers
- Create an interface for our Chinese production team so that they can quickly download assets uploaded by clients or our internal prepress team
- Participate in Agile development processes, and a light core set of the rituals used in an Agile workflow
- Interact with our Technology Manager to determine criteria for product
2. User Experience
- Define the workflow and interface for new features by interacting with the Technology Manager and prototyping
- Utilize standard compliant technologies to deliver a consistent user experience
- Promote the overall Panda brand in all forms of digital interaction with clients
3. Other Responsibilities
- Work across multiple projects, repositories and technologies
- Participate in technology planning, requirements gathering and decision making
- Troubleshoot, debug and provide general technical support for current and future tools
- Contribute to improving Panda’s internal processes through the use of technology
Attributes and Experience
Our team consists of a fun and dynamic group of gaming enthusiasts who care about delivering a great experience and product to customers. We are looking for a team player that shares our company vision to create beautiful games and make a positive impact in this fun and exciting industry!
- English Fluency
- Access to a private and professional home office setup for video conference calls
- 3+ years of experience with PHP application development
- Knowledge of Laravel (or other PHP frameworks) is a huge plus
- Experience building entire features for progressive / SPA web applications
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, specifically storing data with S3
Core Development Languages and Tools
- HTML, CSS
- Yarn, NPM
- SQL / relational database (MySQL, etc)
- Git, GitHub / GitLab
- FTP, SFTP, Dropbox and other file transfer mechanisms
- Vue.js, and Vue ecosystem (vuex, etc)
- Laravel PHP framework 5+
- API-driven development, REST; both producing and consuming
- SASS/SCSS, or LESS, Bulma / Bootstrap / CSS framework
- Webpack and related linting / test tools — ESLint, JSDOM, PhantomJS, Mocha
- MySQL, MariaDB
An ideal candidate will have many of the following attributes:
- Deep and sincere passion for the tabletop games industry
- Highly effective communicator
- Able to manage high work volume with quick response times
- Natural relationship builder and energetic team player with high social intelligence
- Self-motivated, highly organized, resourceful, and detail oriented
- Technologically savvy and adept at remote work
- University / College education
- Flexible with work hours, as this role involves working with clients and team mates around the world
- International business experience
- A love for Pandas
Benefits of Working at Panda
- Fun and dynamic industry: If you are a tabletop gamer, you will definitely appreciate the excitement, friendliness and innovation of our industry
- Remote Work: Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home
- Open and Flat Management Structure: As much as we are a fast-growing and dynamic company, Panda is also a family business with a very welcoming and supportive culture
This is a temporary contact position for 15-25 hours of work per week for a minimum of 8 weeks. Based on performance and need, there is a possibility of extending the contact past 8 weeks or converting the position to a full time position with Panda.
Job Location: Work remotely (from home office). We strongly prefer applicants based in Canada or the USA.
Start date: Between September 15 and October 1, 2018.
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume through our online application system.
We look forward to reviewing your application!
For more information on Panda Game Manufacturing, please visit www.pandagm.com
For questions about this job posting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org