PayBear looking for Integrations Software Engineer (Remote)
PayBear is a cutting-edge cryptocurrency platform working towards the creation of a global toolkit for crypto-based financial products.
With the initial version of our payment gateway already up and running, we’re now focused on incorporating new products into our growing ecosystem.
However, our work is not yet complete! We’re in need of an Integrations Software Engineer to apply their impressive skills towards the creation of even more amazing products at PayBear.
An enthusiastic individual willing to join our fast growing start-up in the crypto-market.
What do we expect from you:
- Write integrations with 3rd party API’s and systems, tools and packages in Node.JS and TypeScript
- Willing to dive-in deep where required with other technologies such as Elixir
- Contribute, influence, extend and iterate the integrations architecture in order to reduce the time it takes to perform new integrations
- Be open to product changes and willing to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Have the desire and ability to solve open-ended problems in a highly-functional, elegant, and scalable manner, and to think strategically about how we evolve the PayBear products
- Write modular and high-quality code with unit and integration tests
- Willing to collaborate with design and product management as needed to deliver scoped features on schedule
What we need from you:
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualification
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to develop applications with complex interfaces, data layers and networking layers
- Strong hold in designing and building RESTful APIs using Node.JS
- Strong proficiency with Node.js >8.0.0 and frameworks available like Express, Socket.IO and ws.
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds.
- Knowledgeable of how web applications work including security, session management and user authentication and authorization (Oauth, OTP, JWT) between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Experience working with SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Familiarity with developing tools such as npm, babel/webpack and yarn.
- Experience working with testing frameworks
- Understanding concepts of OOP & Functional programming.
- Familiarity with reusable and complex data structure, microservices architecture
- Experienced in modern browser technologies, e.g. WebSockets, Local Storage, Worker Threads, etc.
- Hands-on experienced with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Experience building high-load scalable systems
- Knowledge in best practices for the whole software development cycle (TDD/CI/CD) and agile methodologies.
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Understanding of blockchain, especially with solidity smart contracts, web3, geth, parity and truffle is a BIG plus
- Basic understanding of frontend frameworks, specially, ReactJS
- Devops experience
- Link(s) to relevant code, Github, LinkedIn, Medium, Stackoverflow, etc
Why work for us?
- Highly competitive day rate according to experience
- Fast-paced, remote start-up environment
- Possibility to make a big impact on the product
- Location: Home Office / Fully Remote
- Start date: ASAP