pc/nametag looking for eCommerce PHP Web Developer: On-site or Remote position
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and collaborative Web Developer that will work closely with the Marketing and IT teams to identify and prioritize opportunities to enhance the pc/nametag website. We are open to this position being either on-site or remote.
Because we recruit the most talented people with proven track records, pc/nametag, Inc. continues to experience unprecedented growth while fostering a culture that values and rewards the high-quality work of each employee. We take great stock in individuals who bring ideas to the table while also working collaboratively toward a well-executed plan, one that turns possibilities into highly successful results.
In this new role you will be responsible for the technical development of the pc/nametag website—providing full cycle project leadership including architecture, database design/programming and Magento development, while building site layouts and UI elements.
At pc/nametag each employee is valued. Customer service is not only vital to keeping our customers happy, but for our employees as well. We enjoy a variety of soft perks, some of our favorites are weekly catered lunches, the yearly UW Badger football game and the variety of holiday celebrations like Mardi Gras and Halloween – all while working together to successfully grow pc/nametag.
• Identify technical needs and gather specifications and requirements for efficient updates
• Write documented, quality code using best development practices that can undergo extensive testing
• Responsible for deploying, maintaining, and scaling the pc/nametag website
• Integrate data from SQL databases and other back-end services.
• Keep up with industry trends and apply them into operations and activities when necessary
• Associates degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field; or 5 years of equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of PHP experience
• 7 years of web development experience
• Strong grasp of git version control
• Experience with running applications in a continuous integration environment
• Regression and unit testing with PHPUnit
• Familiarity with developing and consuming REST and SOAP APIs
• Must be comfortable working on complex Linux systems for administration and debugging as needed
• Ability to convert business needs into implemented features
• Analyze, design, code, debug, test, document, deploy and provide ongoing support for web applications, owning the entire feature-request to deployment pipeline.
• Experience administering LAMP-stack applications in a highly-available cluster.
What we offer:
pc/nametag operates within the Avery® North America division of CCL Industries Inc., a world leader in specialty label and packaging solutions for global corporations, small businesses and consumers. Here in Verona, WI, we feature the best of both worlds—the culture of a 80-employee community backed by the strength and success of a growing global network. Our employees are our greatest asset, and we make sure they know it. We offer:
• Excellent compensation commensurate with experience
• Comprehensive benefit package including 401K, health, dental and more
• Mid-sized company culture that values individual contribution
• Many “soft perks” such as catered lunches during our busy season, outings, free DVD/Blu-ray library, etc.
How to Apply?
To learn more about our company, visit our website at www.pcnametag.com. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Web Developer in the subject line. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free workplace.