Pixel Union looking for UI/UX Designer
Pixel Union designers are responsible for producing innovative and customer centric UX and UI design work for client projects. PxU designers must be able to describe their work and the motivations behind it in detail to others, and provide constructive criticism to their peers. This role requires strong communication, creativity, and time management skills.
Success in the role is not just about creating outstanding work individually; it’s about collaborating effectively with others to produce a superior product that achieves specific aesthetic and data-driven goals. You’ll be part of a close team that sees strong communication, exploration, and collaboration as fundamental to its success.
As a Pixel Union designer you’ll…
- Produce high-quality design deliverables for client projects that meet or exceed industry standards and best-practices
- Work with Agency team to deliver client-defined project scopes
- Participate in design or product-related discussions with clients and team
- Participate in client-facing presentation of design: pitches, project reports, critiques
- Have a passion for data-driven design across all aspects of work
- Stay up to date on the latest industry trends and best practices
- Communicate and collaborate with others on the design team
- Balance production design work, professional development and team participation through effective time management
- Ability to self-manage based on a defined project timeline
You’ll use your skills and experience in…
- Has produced designs for websites and/or products for both desktop and mobile devices, and can speak to this experience or demonstrate in their portfolio.
- Confident expanding on the style and tone of a brand through design, and able to work within it’s constraints.
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, or similar design tools.
- Basic understanding of, and experience with, HTML5/CSS3/JS. We don’t expect you to code, but we expect you to know enough to understand how your designs will be translated to the web.
- Experience producing lo-fi to hi-fi designs, prototypes, and mock-ups.
- Has an understanding of user experience workflows, how to implement them, and why they are used.
- Ability to articulate design decisions to teammates and project stakeholders.
If you have these skills, that’s a huge plus!
- Ecommerce specific design experience
- Experience in brand creation and execution
- Experience with site map building and information architecture
Pixel Union is a company built on creativity, teamwork and employee well-being. We come to the office (wherever that may be) to work hard, push our limits, and enjoy ourselves around good people. Some of our perks include:
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity for growth as the company grows
- Exposure and learning across teams and services
- Health benefits and RRSP matching
- Generous vacation policy
- Flexible work schedule and remote-friendly culture and systems
- Educational sessions and company-sponsored certifications
- Company-sponsored fitness allowance
Click below link to apply for this job: