Platform.sh looking for Senior User Experience Designer
Over the next months, our primary focus is building out the foundation of our design team. If you have experience working in teams, at startups or fully fledged companies, and are excited to make a difference in a product that is still shaping then we want you!
We have recently established a design team who plays an integrated part of product scoping, design and development. We design tools for developers that are set to lessen the load of developers and DevOps and allow them to focus on actually developing ideas.
Our team’s mission is to accelerate and expand the fundamental design thinking needed to build a successful product. You will be working directly alongside a talented team of designers, developers, support and marketing. You will report to the VP of Experience Design.
What you’ll be working on day-to-day:
- Be a crucial part in developing the product strategy ; working closely with product managers in understanding the scope, phasing deliveries and supporting in the needed design work.
- Rapidly create, prototype, test and iterate on designs.
- Prepare, moderate and synthesize UX research.
- Designing user interface solutions that bring simplicity and cohesion to complex design challenges from reporting dashboards, configuration screens to on-boarding flows.
What you will bring:
- Minimum 4+ years of relevant experience, working as a designer on digital products, either web or mobile applications with a portfolio featuring examples of your work with real products.
- Deep understanding of user research, to help formulate and validate product strategies through qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design, from research to scoping, to UX to detailed UI design.
- Solid understanding of interaction design and relevant tooling (e.g. Figma, Sketch) and prototyping tools (e.g. Invision).
- Experienced working in strategic product settings, exploring scope through design thinking, creating alignment between stakeholders and helping define the path to execution with a critical eye to the user experience.
- Comfortable iterating quickly and communicating ideas with various stakeholders with just the right fidelity for discussion.
- Excellent communication skills, and close collaboration with technical stakeholders (engineering, product) and external (user) audiences.
What makes you especially good at this role:
- Passion to form and execute on a cohesive design vision
- Demonstrate strategic product thinking and vision
- Driven to improve user experiences in the DevOps landscape
- Have an understanding of/or experience with development and engineering teams, processes and frameworks
- Able to work in a remote setting, work from anywhere!
We are a worldwide distributed team and are looking for a designer who can perform well working remotely. You’ll need to be able to effectively collaborate across time zones while being given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Platform.sh is an idea-to-cloud application platform that simplifies cloud infrastructures.
We give developers the tools they need to experiment, innovate, get rapid feedback and deliver better-quality features with speed and confidence thanks to our unique rapid cloning technology.
Platform.sh serves thousands of customers worldwide including The Financial Times, Gap, Magento Commerce, Orange, Hachette, Ikea, Stanford University, Harvard University and The British Council.
We want people who are passionate, open, multicultural, friendly, humble and smart to join us and help this fast-growing, award-winning company to revolutionize the tech industry.
Click below link to apply for this job: