Qualified Staffing looking for UI/UX Designer – Contract & Remote!
About the position:
The ideal candidate for this opening is a senior UX/UI designer. We’re looking for someone with 3+ years experience with designing digital products, who has an exceptional ability to communicate and collaborate with other designers, product leads, developers, and clients.
Candidates must be available to work standard North American business hours. While there is flexibility in working hours, there is an expectation to be able to regularly attend team meetings and your working hours should largely overlap with our teams (Pacific Standard Time).
As our part-time UI/UX Designer, we want your experience to help turn ideas into engaging experiences that are implementable.
- You are self-managed, know how to prioritize, meet deadlines and define deliverables.
- You can effectively communicate and present your design thinking to teams and stakeholders
- You can take a design from high-level concept to Sketch and Invision and static assets easily and quickly
- You write and speak English clearly
- You are up-to-date on industry trends in UI and UX
- You are honest – You know what you don’t know and you have no problem raising your hand and asking for help.
- You’re obsessed with simplicity and consistency
- You’re okay working across the organization (product leadership, engineering, marketing, and the CEO)
- You have experience working with visualizing large sets of data
You will be:
- Collaborating with Qualified’s CTO, product lead engineers and CEO to align partner needs with company goals
- Setting the standards on which the quality and direction of the overall branding and design is built.
- Setting the tone for the look, feel, and quality of design.
- Heading all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Developing original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks
- Preparing wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Participating in project planning and project review (QA and post-mortems)
- Designing everything from logos to icons to QA’ing final work and assisting with acceptance testing
- Focusing on shipping a beautiful product you’re proud of
- 3+ years of experience of working in a UI/UX position, with a solid portfolio or fulfilled works
- Experience with and proficiency in design and prototyping software (Sketch, Invision)
- Significant experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Design experience with data visualization
- Strong graphic design and visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Experience in creating easy-to-use designs that display holistic thinking
- Acute attention to detail
- Stellar presentation skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Prototyping & wireframing software
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare
- Unlimited vacation policy (Really! We want you to take vacation time when needed so that you can relax, recharge, and come back in with a fresh outlook!)
- Annual Team Retreat to an awesome place
Does this all sound good? If so, we’d love to hear from you! Please send us your resume and cover letter, including anything that you feel would make you stick out from the crowd! As we generally end up with a large applicants, we’re sorry to say that we are only able to review those with a complete application. Please also let us know: what draws you to Qualified?
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Click below link to apply for this job: