Rackspace looking for Software Developer III – UI (Onsite or Remote)
Rackspace is looking for an experienced UI developer with production-level ReactJS experience. Bring your ability to learn the Rackspace ecosystem and own the requirements process. It’d be great if you have Typescript and Redux experience, but it’s not a deal-breaker. In return, you’ll receive great benefits, the flexibility to work from an office or remotely, and the opportunity to work with other bright developers in a modern development pipeline based on containers. Plus, Rackspace has one of the coolest company cultures around!
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Designs and develops software for enterprise services. Responsibilities may include: translating functional requirements into conceptual and detailed designs; providing estimates for development effort; implementing proof of concept, prototypes, and production-grade software; creating unit and acceptance tests; coordinating sign-off from QA/Test; automating deployment; and assisting Operations and Support staff in trouble-shooting software issues, as well as implementing bug fixes. Working knowledge in one or more programming languages, technologies, and software platforms. Adheres to established coding and process best practices. Demonstrates progressive strive toward working autonomously.
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITY: Has or works on developing general knowledge of at least one technology relevant to current assignment. Learns to formulate new and alternate ideas, approaches, and designs. Learns to be systematic and structured in problem solving approach.
- JOB COMPLEXITY: Designs robust, scalable, secure, and globalized feature. Identifies risks and mitigation for own feature. Effectively manages dependencies for own feature. Efficiently implements own feature with minimal technical debt. Ensures feature area is bug free. Includes unit tests for own feature to achieve established code coverage targets. Feature areas are test-driven designed, enabling efficient regression testing. Focuses on a single feature or sections of code while building basic experience and expertise.
- SUPERVISION: Works independently under general supervision.
- EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technology related field required, and 5+ years of experience in software development, engineering, testing, or a related field. Understanding of software engineering fundamentals gained through training, course work, or relevant experience.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: General office environment. May require long periods sitting and viewing a computer monitor. Moderate levels of stress may occur at times. No special physical demands required.
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world’s best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren’t all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker — a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission – is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Click below link to apply for this job: