RELAYTO looking for Senior PHP Backend Engineer
WHAT IS RELAYTO/?
RELAYTO/ helps brands with sales & marketing by enabling the creation and distribution of smart, interactive documents. Simple and powerful way to gain attention, deliver information, close deals and monitor your audience engagement along the way.
RELAYTO/ customers include Hyperloop, Mercedes-Benz, GETT, PwC, Newsweek, IBTimes, Startupbootcamp & CKGSB among others. Our team is TechStars London alumni, and is taking part in the PwC & Accenture acceleration programs.
Built by the Silicon Valley/Stanford team behind Microsoft Office, Salesforce.com and SuccessFactors (sold to SAP for $3.4 billion) – RELAYTO/ runs a distributed team with people from the UK, US, France, Israel, South Africa & South Korea.
RELAYTO/ is looking for a developer (remote as contractor or at East London / Paris office) to work directly with our founders.
DAY TO DAY ROLE
At RELAYTO/, you will be a part of a small international team (UK, Silicon Valley & Paris), operating primarily via Slack & Asana and communicating directly with the CTO & CEO. The position is focused, but not limited to back-end tasks.
On a daily basis, you can expect to be developing REST APIs, integrating open-source libraries, trying to break the existing backend, connecting multiple external services/APIs and growing our server farm. In all your work there would be a constant focus on security and privacy. In addition, you will participate in brainstorming sessions about roadmap, solutions for clients problems, and design exercises. This position requires someone comfortable with working in Agile requirements and participating in planning meetings (with your team/other parts of the business to help explain the technology and define the requirements).
After the deadlines have been met, online & offline team hangouts are encouraged.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience with PHP 5.6/7, Symfony 2.7+ and Doctrine
- Experience building REST APIs
- Experience architecting scalable software systems
- Experience scaling Apache or Nginx.
- MongoDB & MySQL/PostgreSQL
- Passion for new technologies, such as Docker
- Strict adherence to clean code paradigms
- Used to test driven development
- Experience with lean workflows, git flow
- Permission to work in the UK (East London office or remote)
- Experience with VanillaJS and AngularJS
- UI Design skills via Sketch/Photoshop or similar
COMPANY DNA & ADVISORS
- Special Forces for startups: check out our values
- Customer-funded by both iconic brands and small businesses
- Distributed team innovates with Silicon Valley DNA, accesses global enterprises via London and designs with French touch
- Supported by leading innovators, Techstars & Startupbootcamp, and consulting powerhouses (PwC and Accenture)
- 100% owned by the founding executives and the team – with commitment to instill bootstrapping DNA for decades to come
- Not actively seeking external investment or tech industry publicity. Keeping low profile until formal launch – while furiously lining us the smartest people in the business as our early customers, partners and team members
World-class Silicon Valley advisors, all of whom led their respective companies from 0 to billion+ dollar valuations:
- Aaron Au – Co-Founder/CTO of SuccessFactors (now CTO of SAP and head of SAP collaboration business)
- Renaud Visage – Co-Founder/CTO of Eventbrite
- Sami Inkinen – Co-Founder/President of Trulia
WHAT DO I GET?
We are a location-free startup, currently spanning London, Paris, Johannesburg & San Francisco. We encourage flexibility and opportunity for working virtually or in physical teams, depending on your preference. The primary location for in-person meetings will be in London and Paris, but other locations include: San Francisco, Seattle, Johannesburg and Tokyo.Once you join, these come in a package:
- Remote work via Slack, Asana & Video Hangouts
- Communications directly with the CEO, CTO & founding team. If you are a Russian speaker (both CTO & CEO are native Russian speakers).
- Professional guidance from advisory board that include CTOs & founders of Eventbrite, Trulia, Tapulous (Disney) & SuccessFactors (SAP)
- Ability to have impact on projects of the century including HYPERLOOP & Mercedez-Benz Innovations (both customers)
- Exciting product challenges, in both architecture, product management and user experience.
- A jerk-free culture defined by trust, respect, and empathy.
- Optional personal development in product management & business skills
Send your resume/CV/ cover letter to SUPPORT@RELAYTO.COM
Sign up for private alpha to start creating on RELAYTO today. It’s free for applicants and we’ll accept your request immediately.
Click below link to apply for this job: