Rescue looking for Full Stack Web Developer (Remote)
Rescue provides behavior change marketing services (or “social marketing”) to government, non-profit and corporate organizations. Rescue’s current work focuses on tobacco, obesity, violence and alcohol prevention; the promotion of exercise, fresh foods and after school programs; and other products and services that promote healthy living. Most of Rescue’s behavior change campaigns focus on teens (13 – 17) and young adults (18 – 26), resulting in unrivaled experience in adolescent behavior change campaigns.
Rescue is a full-service agency, providing research, strategy, creative, production, web, traditional media, social media, policy change, youth engagement and experiential marketing services to clients in over a dozen states and provinces, as well as to federal government agencies.
We believe that marketing can do more than sell goods, it can create good.
We are looking for a dynamic, high performing web developer with full stack experience creating web applications and sites. The ideal candidate has a history of complex problem solving, an impressive portfolio or github, and is capable of working in a fast-paced agency setting.
- Creating digital experience such as games and digital messaging walkthroughs
- Translate requirements and designs to responsive functional web applications and sites
- Implement website modifications and enhancements
- Maintain your code and previous features
- Design, build, test, and debug web applications using: PHP template engines, Less/Sass, jQuery, Vue, and Angular in LAMP stack
- High School Diploma/GED
- Experience with PHP and MySQL
- Experience using a responsive front-end framework (Bootstrap, Foundation)
- Experience using a version control system (Git, SVN)
- Experience with web build tools such as Gulp, Webpack, etc.
- Good eye for aesthetics and an attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to creatively apply technology to solve problems
- Ability to analyze requirements and implement a solution with little guidance
- Experience using a popular PHP frameworks (Laravel, Symphony, etc.)
- Experience with CSS animations, GSAP, or Phaser
- Experience writing clean, semantic, and reusable code
- Experience using a popular CMS (WordPress, Drupal, etc.)
- Experience with command line and writing python/bash scripts
- Experience with basic Linux server administration and managing Apache
- Working knowledge of Composer, Vagrant, docker, and/or npm
Status: Full-time Position
Benefits: Learn more about the benefits of working at Rescue here: http://rescueagency.com/careers/
Travel: Minimum to no travel
The Fine Print
All business-related environments are tobacco-free. Must have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and computer and Internet access. Must be available to work non-traditional hours such as late nights and weekends.
Able to remain in a sitting position for prolonged periods of time and stoop, bend, reach, climb stairs, and move freely throughout the building for the performance of duties. Able to read from a computer or laptop monitor for several hours at a time including fonts of various sizes from a variety of sources. Able to travel nationwide as needed to meet with clients, coworkers, or attend meetings and seminars. Must be able to move boxed work documents (surveys & materials), up to 40 pounds, in and out of office for travel by car and by air.
How to Apply?
All applications must be submitted through Rescue’s online careers system (unless you qualify to request a reasonable accommodation, as detailed at RescueAgency.com/careers). We do not accept applications via email, mail, fax or in-person delivery. Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants must include links to an online portfolio or to direct examples of past work, where applicable. Applications without portfolio links will not be reviewed.