Rotunda Software looking for Lead Backend Developer
This is a remote position open to applicants living anywhere in North or South America.
We are a talented, dedicated, international team, passionate about doing meaningful work and building extraordinary products that people love. Our remote culture depends on strong interpersonal professional relationships, and is rooted in a set of core values. We embrace extreme innovation and take pride in the quality of our work. We don’t have ego issues and are focused on results – namely, on serving our clients and having a positive impact on people’s lives, while enjoying our own.
Rotunda’s flagship products have over 1,000,000 active users, and the candidate who fills this position will be responsible for maintaining and optimizing the existing node.js backend infrastructure for those products.
In addition, Unison, our newest tool to connect and organize groups of people, is in rapid development and quickly gaining traction. We are looking for somebody who can ensure that this new product can be used effectively by organizations with tens of thousands of members. For example, among other challenging projects, this role will work together with DevOps to implement a highly generalized and scalable map-reduce querying mechanism leveraging lambda functions.
- Proven experience architecting large scale web applications
- Proven experience designing elegant APIs
- Experience with node.js, express, Postgres, and AWS
- A passion for finding simple, elegant solutions to complex problems
- A passion for writing tests for said solutions
- A desire to change the world
- A strong, close-knit team with experienced leadership
- The opportunity for extreme innovation
- Retreats (past detinations include Uruguay, San Francisco, Mexico, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua)
- Big challenges
- Work-life balance
- Stability (Rotunda has been self funded and profitable for over 15 years)
- A shot at changing the world
Click below link to apply for this job: