Seer looking for SEO Manager
Not the right location for ya? Don’t worry– this position can be remote.
At Seer, we pride ourselves on innovation; standing out among the rest and enabling our clients to do the same. We strive to live into our motto of ‘Stop Guessing’ by leveraging big data to drive holistic digital marketing strategy. We get excited at the thought of bringing together millions of data points from disparate data sets, including qualitative data to drive empathy-fueled opportunities and insights. Big Data, automation, and problem solving at scale: it’s what’s for breakfast. Could this be love? Maybe.
You, the SEO Account Manager of our dreams, are a natural-born consultant and will spend your days creating digital marketing strategies that tie into clients’ overall marketing plans. You are passionately engaged with the ever-evolving digital marketing landscape, and have a finger on the changes that can help drive client success. You’re intellectually curious, not afraid to think big and build innovative client strategies—Oh, and you have an affinity for anticipating client needs before they even have to ask, too.
Here are some highlights of what you’ll be doing
- You’ll work closely with a handful of clients, researching far beyond the SEO landscape to understand their specific challenges. With that knowledge, you’ll execute annual strategies designed to solve a problem for a very specific audience
- You’ll act as the main POC for your clients, but will focusing heavily on building relationships and trust since focusing on strong, lasting relationships with clients is at the core of how we do business at Seer
- You understand that at the end of the day, your client’s’ ultimate goal is to drive organic traffic to their site and increase their ROI—to do this, you’ll work closely with clients to develop innovative assets after conducting in-depth content gap analyses, competitive & audience analysis, keyword research, and SERP landscape analysis
- You’re a whiz when it comes to making data & results digestible and you’ll share campaign success as it relates to your clients’ goals on a monthly and quarterly basis using various analytics platforms like Google Analytics and Adobe SiteCatalyst
- You understand that other channels play a role in the SEO process, so you’ll often partner with the PPC, Analytics, Content and Design teams to solve client needs
- Experience building and driving SEO strategy across multiple industries is an absolute must, but your ability to tie outcomes to campaign goals and measure impact is what gives you an edge
- SEO is your thing, but we all know it takes a more holistic approach to digital marketing to be successful nowadays: You’re confident using Analytics to make data-driven decisions—You understand that Content Strategy is really about providing resources to solve users problems—You know the key to promoting content isn’t how long your prospect list is, but identifying and connecting with influencers like a PR pro—You have a solid understanding of how social media channels operate, and while social isn’t our niche, you’re able to make suggestions for other potential channels for clients to utilize during a campaign
- When questions or challenges present themselves, you don’t sweat it for a second; you’re extremely comfortable interfacing with clients and driving conversations with C-Level executives
- There’s always a method (and some data) behind our madness! Because of that, critical and strategic thinking skills are a must
- We move fast and you’ll be juggling lots of priorities. You’ll need solid project management skills to get the job done. You could oversee project resources, meet deadlines and delegate tasks in your sleep—and your experience with project management tools like Basecamp doesn’t hurt, either. You’re comfortable managing your own deadlines and when things get a little crazy, you’re okay with asking for help
- Things change quickly in the digital space and your ability to measure strategy effectiveness (changes to rankings, traffic, conversions) and make decisions based on that data is killer. Your clients love you for it
- You’re passionate about staying “in-the-know” on SEO trends, and you want to share your own knowledge with the world, either via your own blog or Seer’s, too
- Did you say you’ve got International SEO experience, too? Awesome!
- Experience in another fast-paced, digital agency? Whew!
- What! You’ve got Mobile SEO or Video SEO chops?
- You have CRO experience? We should talk
How to Apply?
Sometimes the best opportunities are hidden by self-doubt. We disqualify ourselves before we have the opportunity to be considered. Regardless of where you came from, how you identify, or the path that led you here– you are welcome. If you read this job description with a belly full of excitement, we’re just as excited about you. You’ve gotta apply though 🙂