Selz looking for Remote Web Designer
We are a full-spectrum e-commerce platform, used and loved by thousands of entrepreneurs all over the world. We have offices in Portland, Sydney and Manila.
We are growing fast and we’re looking for a junior to mid-level Web Designer to work with our marketing team, making beautifully formed content for our expanding website.
Our team is a friendly and cosmopolitan bunch – British, French, American, Brazilian, Chinese, Slovakian, in fact from pretty much everywhere. They pride themselves on competence, no corporate-BS, transparency and flexible working. Everyone at Selz works from home or from the office whenever they want – wherever helps them most to do great work. Our marketing team is in Portland, Oregon and our engineering team is in Sydney. We’d like you to be near one of those cities so you can come to meet-ups and join our cool social events.
This is a junior to mid-level role with a clear career path to more senior roles. You will be mentored and supported by really experienced designers and marketers who will be helping you to do great work.
Your main responsibilities
- Designing and implementing clean, compelling content pages with the marketing team
- Working with and evolving our style guidelines with our Head of Design
- Building pages in our CMS to match your designs
- Helping with other design briefs such as advertising and landing pages
What we’re looking for
- At least 2-years of web design experience plus a design qualification
- Experience working either on the product side or with an agency
- A proven track record of designing clean, compelling, on-brand web pages for desktop and mobile
- A deep personal interest in best-practise design
- Strong proficiency in Sketch / Illustrator / Photoshop
- Experience of publishing pages in a CMS like WordPress, CraftCMS etc
- Ambition to build your digital design career
It would be great if you have:
- Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Ability to communicate ideas and suggestions in simple wireframes
You’ll fit in if…
- You want to be part of a team that cares about transparency, no BS, doing great work and having fun whilst you are doing it
- You want to be part of a modern, global, rapidly expanding company that is doing something exciting
- You’re organized and a good manager of time
- You think and act creatively to solve problems
- You are a good communicator and collaborator (essential as this a remote role)
- You take things very personally and are willing to go the extra mile
How to Apply?
If you think you are the right person for this role then please contact us at email@example.com with the role title in your email.
Tell us a bit about yourself and include a latest resume. If you have designs or projects you’re proud of on Dribbble, Behance or other design portfolio then please include links to them.
Absolutely no agencies, please. No offence but we don’t want to hear from you and if you spam us it just makes us never want to work with you. Genuine candidates only, thanks.