SilviaTerra looking for Full Stack Developer
SilviaTerra is excited to be hiring a full-time software developer as the 10th member of our team. Help us build the future of precision forestry. Our clients include NGOs, state and national governmental agencies, and several of the largest forest landowners in the world.
Our work has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, and the BBC. Through our collaboration with Microsoft as an AI for Earth grantee we’ve been able to create the first ever high resolution nationwide forest inventory, with data for every acre in America. Looking forward, we believe that recent advancements in remote sensing, cloud computing, and AI – combined with deep domain expertise – puts us in a unique position to build the future of forestry. If we ship even half of the things we have planned for 2020, it will be a wild year and we can’t do it without you.
In this role, you’ll work closely with project managers to help design the next generation of forestry software. We’re a small team, so you’ll be contributing at all levels of the process – from initial UI/UX sketches to phone calls with users in the field about their experience with the new feature.
SilviaTerra is a fully remote company, working loosely US hours. Some travel will be required to company meetings (3-4 weeks per year).
Required Skills + Experience
A successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience with Python, Docker, and Linux based development
- Ability to manage their own work remotely
- A highly organized, communicative and collaborative work style
Desired Skills + Experience
We’d be extra excited if you have:
- Experience with React/Redux, Django
- Experience building mobile applications
- Dev Ops experience. Digital Ocean/AWS/Azure, CI/CD.
- General interest in forestry. For this position, we won’t need you to be able to distinguish between a Pine and Spruce (hint: it’s the needles!). We have a separate Biometrics Team for that. However, we hope you can get excited about nature or, at the very least, a good game of Photosynthesis the Board Game.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We will begin reviewing applications immediately and until the position is filled. We know your time is valuable, and we hope to respond to all applicants with a firm answer as quickly as possible.
SilviaTerra is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Click below link to apply for this job: