SmartBug Media looking for Freelance Web Designer (Telecommute)
SmartBug Media, a leading digital and content marketing agency, is seeking a skilled web and graphic designer with expertise Sketch and InVision. Branding and layout experience also required. Motion graphics experience a plus. Agency experience preferred.
The right candidate will have a stellar portfolio of award-winning web designs, 3–5+ years experience delivering high-quality work based on current design trends and standards and enjoy working in a collaborative environment. You’ll be challenged with clients in technology, healthcare, and consumer products and work primarily in website design and development.
This will be a part-time, ongoing freelance opportunity – approximately 20 hours/week. Hours may fluctuate based on workflow. All work can be done remote.
Candidates must reside and be authorized to work in the United States.
- Create home, interior, and landing page designs based on approved wireframe layouts.
- Easily translate a variety of style guides into quality web design work.
- Attend meetings with clients and interpret creative briefs to drive the creation of original concepts.
- Understand various target audiences and personas to craft your designs accordingly.
- Branding and print layout experience a plus.
- Work with the project team collaboratively through our online project management system.
- Deliver quality work on-target and on-time.
- Present your ideas and receive feedback in a healthy and professional manner.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Proficient in:
- Adobe Creative Cloud products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Sketch and InVision software
- After Effects, or other video animation software knowledge a plus
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
- 3-5 years experience in designing medium to large websites. Agency experience preferred.
- A strong foundation in web design principles and best practices. Basic understanding of HTML and HTML5 ideal. Familiarity with HubSpot a plus.
- Ability to think critically to solve problems and contribute to concept ideation.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent professional experience) in web design, graphic design or graphic communications.
- Strong typography, color and composition skills.
- An uncompromising approach to hitting deadlines.
- Exacting attention to detail and a “don’t cut corners” attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Experience working remotely a plus.
- Ability to hit deadlines without compromising quality.
- Multitasking ability and time management skills.
- Resume and cover letter.
- Include a link to a relevant portfolio to be considered
- The portfolio should show your role/contributions to the work
- Portfolio Screening (VP, Creative)
- Video call with Vice President, Creative
- Reference Checking
About SmartBug Media
SmartBug Media is a fast-growing and nationally recognized inbound marketing agency. We’ve built our name and client base by delivering game-changing marketing campaigns that increase traffic, leads, customers, and brand value. That’s why we are recommended by some of the biggest names in inbound marketing and maintain a client roster that’s growing by the day.
We are a 56-person remote company that believes you shouldn’t have to compromise work/life balance in order to deliver great work, and we believe that you can do this from anywhere.