SolarLeadFactory looking for Full Stack Software Developer
Once a fringe thing hippies did, “going solar” is now going mainstream. It took over 30 years for the first 1 million solar installations to be completed. It only took another 3 years to install the second million. Over the next 2 years another 1 million homes will “go solar” and there are 90 million American households to go after that! Solar technology is cheaper, better and more reliable than ever. Unless your head is buried in a coal mine, it’s becoming abundantly clear that solar is the future.
With rapid growth & mainstream adoption comes massive investment and opportunity in the space. Installation companies are growing quickly, making them hungry for even more growth. The technology is dialed, the installation process is clean, but it’s still a challenge to find customers. Since customers that convert into sales are the lifeblood of any company, sales leads are the raw tool that unleashes massive growth for solar installers.
That’s why we built SolarLeadFactory.
SolarLeadFactory has helped over 600,000 homeowners looking to buy solar. We have helped hundreds of solar installers grow their businesses – and aim to help thousands more.
Our business is built on a proprietary software platform allowing us to deliver a best in class product and innovate constantly. We have in-house developers, digital marketing experts & scientists relentlessly driving the product forward.
Our mission: unlock consumer demand for solar power.
Our software is the backbone of our business. We cut our teeth working for Silicon Valley tech startups, and at heart we’re a technology company seeking to leverage code to improve the process of buying solar power.
Build your own tech, or use off the shelf parts? In our experience (https://solarleadfactory.com/why-we-chose-to-build-our-own-lead-distribution-software/), the flexibility of building our own tech has far outweighed the costs, and we’re committed to constantly improving what we’ve built.
You’re looking for a way to make a huge positive difference in the world & help the companies on the front lines of the solar revolution!
You want to be part of a small but driven team making a big impact on one of the most pressing issues of our time. You share some of our core values including “Making Learning the Key Metric”, “Holding Yourself Accountable”, “Always be Testing Something,” and “Master your Craft”.
You are an experienced full-stack developer who loves the art of writing code, and wants to contribute to elegant technology solutions to help accelerate the adoption rate of solar power.
In order to be successful in this position you must be an excellent developer, problem solver, efficient, proactive, and an excellent communicator.
Do you want to learn? To grow? To make a difference?
- Skill and experience with a LAMP stack running on AWS:
- OOP php (CI framework)
- Mysql (Advance SQL knowledge)
- API integrations: Stripe, Xero, Facebook, Google, etc
- AWS services: EC2, RDS, S3, Cloudfront, Route53
- Basic linux admin skills (command line, restart services, etc)
- Proficiency in web markup (HTML, CSS, etc)
- Ability to build a webpage in vanilla JS without a framework
- Skill with cross-browser compatibility (we still have IE11 users)
- Skill with responsive/cross-device compatibility
- Proficiency with Git
- Solar experience is not required, but an interest in solar is
- Efficient, fast-moving, doer
- Ambition to grow
- Problem solving, ability to find solutions, and getting things done
- Excellent verbal & written skills
- Ability to work with a team to find great solutions
- Up-to-date with the latest web trends, techniques, and technologies
You will play a core role in developing new software as well as refining what we’ve already built.
You’ll be working on the backend of our core tech, the lead distribution and processing application we’ve built from scratch over the last 8 years. This could be anything from upgrading our complicated lead routing algorithm to building a new data warehouse for our in-house analytics.
You’ll also be working on the front-end that serves our customers, both homeowners who are trying to make sense of going solar (in the form of landing pages, improved user experience, and new tools to delight users), and solar installers who use our platform to close more business.
Your day to day will be knocking out weekly Scrum points alongside our lead software developer who has been with us since 2014. You will work directly with our current Lead Developer, our Director of Operations, and the rest of our team as needed.
What you get out of this:
- Competitive salary
- Results driven organization
- Remote location – work from anywhere on a European or North American time zone with fast internet
- Your input matters! We look for the BEST. Period.
- Work in an amazing industry. Your friends & family will say “whoa, that’s cool!”
- Fast-growing, fun-loving company. Get on the rocketship now!
We are shaking up our industry and working day in and day out to get solar on everyone’s roof. Come shape your future & the future of the world.
If you’re game to make a big difference and reap the rewards, come join us!
Click below link to apply for this job: