Spatio Metrics looking for Remote UI/UX Designer (Part-time)
At Spatio Metrics, we’re working towards a future in which every building makes us healthier. With human wellbeing at the center of what we do, our design analytics help architects and their clients analyze floor plans and bridge the gap between design, data, and human performance. By automatically calculating research-backed metrics for any floor plan (idea to as-built), our data-driven software saves hours of manual analysis, identifies tactical improvements, and uses intuitive visualizations to communicate a business case for design choices.
About the role
As UI/UX Designer, you’ll help shape the direction of an early-stage startup, leading the design of our spatial analysis and visualization web app. You’ll work closely with our co-founders to understand our customers’ needs and design intuitive interfaces that democratize data-driven design.
*This is a part-time, 3-month position with the potential to expand into a long-term role. *
What you’ll do
- Understand and document user needs. Building on interviews and product feedback from our current customers, you’ll document use cases and user journeys.
- Design intuitive interfaces for new features and tools. You’ll wireframe and develop hi-fi prototypes for new tools, helping us quickly get new features into our customers’ hands for testing.
- Ensure design consistency across our product. You’ll tame complex data structures and make analysis easy for our end-users across every facet of our software
What we’re looking for
- 1+ years of experience designing data-driven interfaces
- Located in and eligible to work in the United States
- An ability to create clear, intuitive, and visually appealing interfaces
- Excellent written and visual communication skills, including proficiency in design tools like the Adobe Creative Suite and Figma
- Experience in customer-facing roles
- Excited to untangle messy data structures and turn them into easy-to-understand models
- Pragmatic and able to prioritize, balancing craft, speed, and the bottom line
- Experience or interest in architecture, design, simulation, or building performance
- Familiarity with interactive data visualization libraries like d3 and three.js
- Experience or interest in machine learning and data science