Speak Creative looking for Remote Web Designer (40Hrs/Week)
Speak Creative is an established company of 34 with offices in Memphis and Nashville with a strong remote team across the US. We are skilled in all things interactive, from website design and development to mobile apps and digital marketing. We create, code, consult, support, sell and most of all problem solve for clients all over the nation.
We are looking to add a Web Designer to our Creative Team who has the ability to design and build beautiful websites for our clients. We are a multi-disciplinary team with a goal to help serve our clients with powerful, beautiful and functional websites that grow their business. We are driven by design, smart development, data, research and a continually renewed process to help us work more intelligently each and every day.
Some of the skills required:
- You have an eye for good design. You’re obsessive about details while maintaining empathy for the user.
- Experience with industry leading design tools (Adobe, Sketch, Figma)
- You are a designer, but a web designer first.
What your day will look like:
- You will be responsible for designing, developing and presenting full website concepts to our team and to our clients.
- Each day will bring on new design challenges and have different deliverables. You’ll need to be well organized and attentive to the small details.
- You’ll have autonomy to do your work, but taking ownership and meeting deadlines is a must.
- Collaborate with digital marketers and project managers to meet project goals for our clients.
Some of the characteristics we are looking for:
- You can communicate – You don’t need to give big presentations, but you should be able to speak clearly and confidently about your work and approach. We are looking for designers who can communicate creative ideas while maintaining their charm.
- You are composed – We need someone who is comfortable managing multiple projects at once with sometimes tight turnaround times – all while keeping cool and composed.
- You love to help – You love helping others and can give your time and knowledge generously to help us grow and become better each week.
- You solve problems – You’re a strategic thinker and you can solve problems quickly to help our team and our clients keep moving.
- You’re a designer first – You consider yourself a designer first, and you can deliver fresh, modern design solutions that stand out on the web.
- You’re a developer second – You will also be required to code your own designs. You’ll need to be comfortable writing HTML, CSS, and enough JS to toggle a class.
As a company, we value:
- We are (and have been) profitable.
- We are (and have been) debt-free.
- We own our building in Memphis.
- We have a single owner and don’t have to worry about partners who split.
- Our business is spread out across hundreds of customers instead of a few big fish.
- To date, we’ve never let anyone go for financial reasons.
- We’re a team with a focus on doing outstanding work for our clients AND maintaining our sanity.
- We work hard during business hours (M-Th 7a-5p and F 7a-11a… yes, every Friday is a half-day!) and go home when work is done.
- Rarely, if ever, do we find ourselves staying late or working weekends. Funny what you can get done when you work hard.
- We expect everyone on our team to be part of shaping our future. If there’s an issue, we tackle it together. If there’s an idea, we develop it together.
- We meet regularly for fun and creative team building.
Our owner is a believer in Jesus Christ and submits to Biblical authority in leading the company. For us, that means that we can expect a leadership perspective that is grounded in humility, and puts people before profits. Does that mean we all have the same beliefs? Absolutely not, but mutual respect and grace are core values that drive each of us.
Half-day Fridays, no late/weekend hours, unlimited coffee, all-Mac office, good folks, regular office events, annual retreat with whole team on location, vacation/sick leave, flex time, health insurance, long-term disability insurance, matching 401k, adoption assistance and more.
HOW TO APPLY:
- All candidates should complete our online application and explain why you’re a good candidate.
- Tell us about a personal challenge and work challenge you’ve overcome. How did you do it?
- What are you passionate about?
- Include the word “unicorn” in your job application.
- You MUST have a live sample of your work as well as a portfolio for us to review.
- We’d love to see your code samples. Send us a codepen or something comparable.
- We’ll evaluate all applicants and follow up via email as needed to ask questions or to line up interviews.
This position is available in our Memphis or Nashville office locations and will consider remote within the United States. International remote is not available for this position.