Stream Companies looking for Remote Full Stack PHP Developer
Stream Companies is seeking a self-directed, motivated, experienced Web applications PHP Developer with good communication skills, who is solution focused and has the ability to deliver in a fast-paced Continuous Development Agile Environment.
Flexibility. Many of our 300-plus company team members work remotely and our dynamic team is spread across 5 Timezones and 6 Countries.
We work together via Teams and we have daily online team project meetings.
Our communications and development platforms are Cloud Based so they can be accessed across the world. Our teams communicate actively online, our team members work co-operatively, yet autonomously, and take ownership of their work projects.
Camaraderie across the miles. We are fortunate to have incredibly talented people in our distributed teams globally and there is a great sense of fun and camaraderie between colleagues. We love what we do and it shows ! The fact that we are distributed doesn’t stop us from building camaraderie. We get to know each other in daily conversation which often includes non-work topics and fun stuff too. Our Stream company blog connects all the teams and enables our colleagues to share their passions, hobbies and varied interests outside of work. We gather physically for team summits from time to time too so we get to put a face to the voice and that Game of Thrones avatar!
Working with Us.
We’re confident you’ll love working here if:
- You want to get into the trenches with a collaborative team.
- You want to contribute to architecture and deliver innovative software products.
- You like to obsess over ensuring that the code written by you and the team you are part of is well tested, clean, hygienic and performant.
- You can finish what you start, and that good enough and finished, trumps perfect, not done
- You class yourself as a continuous improver, and constantly push yourself outside of your comfort zone.
- You like to openly communicate, be willing to listen to peers and give and receive continuous feedback.
- Above all, you love to bring people along for the journey, you’re a mentor and a teacher and help others level-up.
We are Not a good fit for you if :
- You are looking for a giant slow-moving company. ****We’re constantly experimenting, iterating and changing things.
- You are looking to specialize in some particular problem set. This role requires working in different contexts and problem sets. We need people that can adapt to the challenges thrown at them.
- You are not willing to redrect during the day if something comes up or a team member needs help.
- You don’t want to take on any work outside of your job description/comfort zone. We’re a small company and sometimes we need all hands on deck for certain problems.
We are looking for long-term hires here who fits well into our distributed Continuous Development Agile Scrum team and so the ideal candidates will be:
· Self Directed and Self Motivated with a proven ability to get things done (ESSENTIAL)
· A good communicator who can summarise key deliverables and hit daily deadlines (ESSENTIAL)
· Experience with and thrived in a fast paced Agile / Scrum development environment (++)
· Experienced with and Comfortable with working in Distributed Development Environment with remote colleagues (+)
· A proven Team player
Remote Minimum Requirements.
You’ll need a rock solid internet connection, fluent written/spoken English and you need to be located within +/- 6 hours of US Eastern Standard Time.
Technical Skillset Required
- 3+ years PHP Web Applications Development Experience
- HTML & CSS 3 experience
- 2+ years of Database experience integrating via PHP (i.e MySQL, PostgreSQL etc)
- API experience and/or experience of integrating multiple APIs
- Templating – experience of using PHP front end templates and or full PHP Frameworks
- PHP developers with WordPress experience also a plus
- Strong LAMP experience a big plus
- Toolset experience with multiple IDEs and frameworks, Git etc a big plus
Click below link to apply for this job: