Studio Rubric looking for Freelance Web Designer
As a website designer at Rubric, you will collaborate, concept, and execute on projects that include wireframes, website design, mobile design, user experience design and more, for a variety of industries and clients.
To succeed in this role, you should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, remote team environment and be able to execute high-impact, intuitive designs from scratch.
You will have a passion for staying on top of the latest web design and UX trends. The right candidate will be hungry for new challenges and learning, have superior typography skills, understands the importance of UX, and knows how to balance functionality with design.
- Create comprehensive wireframes and designs from scratch
- Collaborate with a talented team of designers, writers, project managers, strategists, and coders
- Design with client goals, audience, and content in mind
- Take client feedback and deliver strategic solutions
- Select and curate photography, illustration, video, and other content within each website
- Attend client calls to show work and get feedback
- Deliver assets and functionality guidance to the dev team
- Review coded websites to ensure quality is maintained
- Ability to handle more than one project or assignment at a time
- 3+ years website design experience
- A portfolio demonstrating expertise in website design
- Quick response time (we use Slack)
- Experience staying within a timeline
- Experience working with a team
- Deep understanding of typography and UX
- Attention to detail and ability to make design decisions on your own
- Experience with Figma is a plus
- Knowledge of the design and launch process for websites
Down to business!
- This is a freelance remote position (not full time or salary)
- Hourly rate will be based on skills and experience
- Hours will be tracked each day using Harvest
- Paid on the 1st and 15th of each month for total hours billed, via Gusto direct transfer
How to Apply?
Click below link to apply for this job:
Email [email protected] with your résumé and a link to your online portfolio. No dev teams or startups, please — solo website design freelancers only.