Syufy Enterprises looking for Software Developer (Remote)
Come work for a fast-growing, financially strong Marin-based entertainment and leisure company that owns a variety of businesses, including Tomatina Restaurants, VillaSport Athletic Club and Spa, Peacock Gap Golf Club, Tri Valley Golf Center, West Wind Drive-Ins and Public Markets, and SyWest Development. Over the next several years, the company will be rapidly expanding all its brands and looking to invest in new brands. The company is actively looking for qualified professionals who will help execute the company’s future growth strategy.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability coverage. Our 401(k) plan provides a generous company match of up to 4% of an employee’s compensation. If you thrive in a successful, fast-paced environment and you enjoy challenge, please see below to apply.
We’re looking for a brilliant, talented, and motivated developer who is eager to advance their career, demonstrate their existing skills as well as grow their skillset. This person will work individually or with a small team of software developers to develop and maintain several software applications, including E-commerce websites and web applications with thousands of daily active users. A major challenge in this role is in meeting the needs of our growing businesses while integrating new development with existing tactical solutions, and we are looking for a star developer who can rise to that challenge. The opportunity exists in this position both to have a large impact on the company as it grows and for personal growth as well by learning new technologies and working with an experienced team of senior developers.
This is primarily a remote position. Candidates must be able to report into the home office in San Rafael, CA, up to 5 times per month, on a regular basis.
- Develop software for new applications as outlined in design specifications with a focus on website front-end development
- Maintain existing and legacy software applications, including adding new features, debugging issues and fixing defects in production code, and providing second or third-tier technical support to help desks.
- Attend software design meetings, participate in discussions and brainstorming sessions, translate business objectives into development requirements, and formulate development plans to meet requirements and attain end user approval.
- Train in-house users to use new applications and provide technical assistance when required.
- Stay up-to-date with new and emerging technologies, and suggest / implement use of such technologies to better solve problems and increase development quality and throughput.
- Manage several tasks simultaneously and regularly review priorities to ensure all projects are completed on time.
- Take the lead on projects when requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or closely related technical field
- 3-5 years of experience developing RESTful web applications for n-tier, cloud-based enterprise applications
- Proficiency with C# or other object-oriented languages such as Java
- Familiarity with Git or other version-control systems
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps / VSTS or other issue-tracking software such as Jira
- Familiarity with Agile Development and SDLC
- Experience with ASP.NET
- Experience with Sitecore CMS, or with other Content Management Systems such as WordPress or Drupal
- Experience with relational database technologies such as MSSQL or MySQL
- Experience with nosql database technologies such as MongoDB or Cassandra
- Enterprise Integration of different functional applications
Click below link to apply for this job: