Takeoff Tech is a well-funded, 100-person startup that is transforming online grocery for retailers and consumers. Takeoff’s solution offers automated fulfillment coupled with an end-to-end eGrocery technology stack, enabling retailers to offer their shoppers the assortment and low prices of stores, with convenient mobile ordering and same day pickup or delivery.
We are looking for a skilled Web Developer to help us develop and design websites for our company. You will be working alongside a team of other developers and designers to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation. If you’re an experienced web developer who wants to work on a team of talented, motivated and focused individuals, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Define and build the next generation of e-commerce web applications for the top grocery chains in North America
- Collaborate with product and engineering across in-house and remote teams to launch apps and continuously improve them across multiple customer deployments to deliver the best online grocery-shopping experience
- Help grow the Boston team and culture as well as the engineering practice, both for themselves and the company as a whole
- Communicate across products and teams in different geographical locations to build a seamless user experience for everyday grocery shoppers
- Make recommendations for better design and user experience based on good reasoning and best practices.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Evaluating and testing code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, properly structured, and compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Work on meaningful projects that will affect and improve the lives of people from all walks of life
- A passion for the web, user interface design, and front-end tech stacks
- Experience with VMMV UI frameworks such as React or Vue
- Knowledge of RESTful API best practices (RMM Level 3 and API first (RAML, Swagger/OAI))
- Experience with code bundling/tree shaking tools like Webpack and Rollup
- Knowledge of SPA component testing tools like Jasmine, Enzyme, and WebdriverI
- Experience with responsive web, and helping to translate mockups from desktop to mobilHighly motivated and self-directed with the ability to work on multiple projects, both independently and in a team
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing start-up environment.
- Ability to communicate ideas crisply and listen with empathy, especially across remote teams
- Understanding of usability, interaction design principles, and an awareness of how product design impacts business outcomes
Takeoff Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse team. We offer stock options, health & dental plans, flexible paid time off, daily catered lunch, and a fun and supportive company culture.
Our headquarters office is at the historic Watch Factory building along the banks of the Charles River in Waltham. It’s a welcoming space modeled after our prior digs at the CIC startup hub in Cambridge, and offers free parking and access via public transport. Our office features a bright open layout, a fully stocked kitchen and recreational amenities such as a foosball table, office gym and scenic walks along the river.