TeamSnap is seeking a Frontend Developer to join our fully remote distributed engineering team to help us continue our impressive growth. You should be self-directed. We’re looking for big ideas and tiny egos. No matter what your “job” is, you’re welcome to suggest better ways of doing anything. We are all owners. Everyone has a stake in the company.
TeamSnap is an award-winning communication and management service for recreational and competitive sports teams, tournaments and organizations. With over 20 million enthusiastic customers in 195 countries, TeamSnap is indispensable for teams, clubs and leagues worldwide.
We value trust, communication and fun more than big company policies and rules, and we thrive on empowering our people instead of controlling them. TeamSnap has been named to Outside Magazine’s list of Best Places to Work three consecutive years.
What you’ll be doing
You will be focused on creating, enhancing, refactoring, and maintaining all of TeamSnap’s web applications which serves over 20 million users. You will work with us as we build additional features, functionality, services, and applications to continue our rapid growth. You’re willing to help out anywhere your talents are required, including occasional customer support and on-call duties, staying in touch with our internal and external customers’ needs.
Some things that are important:
- 3-5 years experience building responsive web applications.
- Experience working on an agile team.
- Significant experience with frameworks and libraries surrounding your areas of expertise such as React/Redux.
- Adaptability to learn and extend custom frameworks. We have massive scale and often are building new technology to match our growth requirements.
- Experience with consuming RESTful APIs.
- Experience with general database administration. You will not be asked to work on our cluster, but you will need to maintain your local environment.
- You can work autonomously inside a distributed team.
- You must be comfortable with asynchronous communication.
- Passion for great user experience – we have designers on staff, but we want you to be interested in what makes a great feature for our customers (whether TeamSnap users or other developers).
- A witty sense of humor.
- A customer-focused attitude, with an ability and willingness to work with customers to develop great features as well as diagnose and fix problems.
- Big ideas and a tiny ego. Tiny EggoTM optional. We’ll accept waffles of any size. But no pancakes.
- A “Test First” attitude and experience writing automated tests using a tdd, bdd, or whatever *dd methodology you jive with.
- Experience with automated build and deployment systems.
- Experience with git or Github as a version control tool.
- A willingness to travel to other parts of the country, on average once a quarter, for all company gatherings, team meetings, conferences, and the like.
Other things that would be nice to have:
- A computer science background.
- Involvement in youth or adult recreational sports, as a player, parent or coach. We’d love for you to experience firsthand how our customers use our product and how it could be improved.
- Creating and deploying services and applications within a PaaS or Service Mesh.
- Experience working as part of a distributed team.
- Free Superbowl tickets for all your co-workers (hey, we can dream).
- Experience with Docker-based development environments and Kubernetes-based production environments.
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). While TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, Engineering is fully distributed. You must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire US-based citizens at this time.
- Work on a product that people use and love
- While we’re still relatively small, we’re not a fly-by-night startup; we’re the leader in a massive market
- We have a proven revenue model, an experienced executive team, solid funding, and a strong strategic plan
- We have fantastic benefits, and you’ll have a stake in the company
If you’re looking for an opportunity to show off the very best of your skills, in an environment of trust, respect and flexibility, this might very well be the best job you’ll ever have. We’re passionate about helping our customers spend less time organizing and more time playing.
Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive salary and benefits, lots of opportunity to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. TeamSnap is still small enough that your actions will help drive our success. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- Education reimbursement up to $1,500/yr
- Wellness stipend of $50/mo
- Up to $300/yr to donate to charitable causes
- Free TeamSnap service for your family and friends
- Free TeamSnap swag.
- Flexible PTO and vacation policy
Diversity and Inclusion
TeamSnap is a company built around trust, kindness and collaboration, where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued. This is a place where everybody belongs.