The Riveter looking for Software Developer
The Riveter is looking for an experienced software developer to collaborate with our technology team in creating a world class digital experience for our members. We are open to candidates anywhere in the USA. Our HQ is based in Seattle and we run our product team with members outside of the state.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with the product team to evaluate a product experience holistically, identify next steps, and deliver the individual features that make up the product
- Objectively explain and represent your contributions and deliverables to your team
- Clearly communicate with your project team to make sure they have full context of your work and that you have the same of theirs, jumping in on other tasks as needed to bring the most value to the system
- Take on various tasks, development-related or not, to support different processes and needs on your project teams
You’re Our Ideal Teammate if You Have:
- 3+ years of full-stack experience in product development, from ideation to launch
- Front end experience with CSS and preprocessors
- Proficiency with the PHP language and the Laravel Framework, or similar
- Firm grasp on server operations, Linux system administration, and database design and optimization
- Familiarity with building both functional and engaging web experiences
- Passion for principles & methods of Human Centered Design
- Experience with working in an iterative, adaptive, agile/lean way
- Solid time management skills and an inspiring attitude
- A commitment to improve software development practices for yourself and your team
- Familiarity solving problems across multiple technology platforms (eg. browsers, applications, operating systems, mobile and connected devices, other hardware)
- (Preferred) Demonstrated practice w/test-driven/behavior-driven product development
Built by women for everyone, inclusion, optimism and hard work are core to who we are at The Riveter. We believe that a diverse and inclusive staff and membership is vital to working towards equity, both in the workplace and in our broader communities. We strive to create a community where every staff and member feels like they belong, and are able to contribute and grow with their full authentic selves and intersecting identities.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and treat every applicant and staff fairly regardless of gender, race, religion, ancestry, color, citizenship or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, age, marital status, protected status as a veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable local, state and federal legally protected classifications. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements.
If you would like to learn more, need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At The Riveter, we unapologetically work for equity of opportunity for all women. That means we speak out when it comes to gender equity, racial justice and economic opportunity – including on issues such as reproductive freedom and voting rights. While team members don’t have to personally agree with all of our stances, they must be comfortable representing the company’s platform while carrying out their work and understand The Riveter advocates for equity across all sectors.