Thinkful looking for UI Designer, Growth – Remote – ($80k – $95k)
Who We Are
Thinkful is a new type of school that brings high-growth tech careers to ambitious people everywhere. The company provides 1-on-1 learning through its network of industry experts, hiring partners, and online platform to deliver a structured and flexible education. Thinkful offers programs in web development and data science, with in-person communities in up-and-coming tech hubs around the U.S.
Build beautiful user experiences and products from the ground up with our growing design team. In your first 90 days: you will ramp up on our growth product experiences and website as they are today, then work with our Head of Design, Sr Product Designer, Head of Product & CTO on the product roadmap. You will ideate with those key stakeholders on a new public facing site and then design and deliver product solutions from start to finish that drive new students.
You have worked with increasing responsibility on 2-4 successful launches from start to finish (a few failures are OK too). By “from start to finish,” we mean you identified or were given a problem to solve, designed a solution and delivered it to engineering. It was then built and went live.
- Translate requirements, user stories, and user data into elegantly simple products and websites with thoughtful UX/UI that drives new students and a delightful enrollment experience.
- Make design decisions that benefit our users and drive growth through empathy and thoughtfulness
- Communicate and collaborate across teams in a remote working environment
- Proficient in Sketch & the Adobe Creative Suite
- 3-5 years experiences with demonstrated ability to hit the ground running
- Mastery over UI and visual design
- Excellent use of typography, hierarchy, and use of grids
- Experience in owning at least 3-5 complete website design systems
- Experience working with and contributing to a design system/pattern library
- Prototyping experience through Invision, Marvel, Axure, Principle or similar
- Experience delivering designs to development and annotating designs for developers
- A grasp of the way designs are developed, and what’s possible through engineering
- Ability to be flexible in a growing start up environment
Nice to haves
- Experience with illustration or icon design
- Familiarity with Principal, After Effects, or other means of illustrating motion concepts in interaction design
- Experience facilitating user & stakeholder interviews
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive base salary and significant equity
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance are 100% covered for individual and meaningfully covered for families
- 401k plan options
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Learn to code with Thinkful courses and a Mentor
- Commuter Benefits Card via WageWorks
- Paid Parental Leave
How to Apply?
To apply to please email your resume and a short cover letter explaining your interest in the role to our Head of Design at email@example.com.
Thinkful can only hire candidates who are eligible to work in the United States.