Tiller looking for Full-Stack (Front End Bias) Software Developer
Tiller is hiring our next engineering team member.
We’d love to hear from you if you’re enthusiastic and knowledgeable about software development and operations, have a knack for solving riddles, and love the idea of enabling people to improve their financial lives.
A little about who we are and what we do.
Tiller is a nimble, distributed company revolutionizing the way people handle their finances. We make it easy to track your spending and manage your money in a spreadsheet, with daily bank feeds and helpful templates. We’re passionate about empowering people with their financial data in a flexible, customizable format so they can take control of their future.
As a Tiller Software Developer, you’re a key team player in creating, running, and maintaining the systems and services that our customers rely on to manage their financial lives. You’ll be responsible for writing, deploying, and maintaining a lot of software, and you will be deeply hands-on in the corresponding operations. You’ll build in observability, including logging, metrics, and analytics, and you will use those numbers to support or debunk your intuition — and vice-versa — and can dig deeply into the ‘why’ in either case. We are a very small team. Your work here will have impact.
- You easily develop strong empathy for users, customers, and your team.
- You take security and privacy uncommonly seriously.
- Quality is important to you and so is quickly getting the software into the hands of the folks who use it – and you believe in and seek a balance there.
- You’re a “T-shaped” practitioner, with desire and capability to apply your skills broadly, and learn new skills, while nurturing one or more skillsets particularly deeply.
- You have some current expertise in one or more areas among Node, Mongo, Kubernetes, Google Cloud, and Google Apps Script. You are excited about developing relatively deep expertise in other areas.
- You have a strong drive to learn and apply new technologies generally, and you can also be enthusiastic about applying your skills to systems on legacy or austere platforms.
- You’re naturally curious; you love to experiment with the code you write, and a blip on an operational graph or a new log message gets and holds your attention easily.
- You aren’t afraid to operate outside of the scope of your current expertise or job description.
- You have a bias for action and can work remotely. You’re comfortable communicating asynchronously on Slack, and you won’t hesitate to jump on a real-time call.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience working on a small, high-authority, high-responsibility team
- Experience working on a remote team
- DevSecOps* experience
- Fintech experience
(*we know that word currently means about four very different things, but that’s OK — they all count for bonus points)
IN YOUR ROLE YOU WILL:
- Develop, instrument, test, deploy, monitor, and refine amazing spreadsheet-driven personal finance service software on a variety of environments and platforms
- Work closely with product management to determine user-facing features and functionality
- Support our customer success team with analysis and technical detail for communicating to customers
- Participate in an on-call rotation with the engineering team
- Occasional travel (approximately 2-3/year) to in-person team meetings, often in Seattle
A FEW EMPLOYEE PERKS:
- Work from anywhere
- Awesome, supportive colleagues who know how to have a good laugh together
Tiller is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- This is a full-time salaried position.
- Flexible work hours, location, and environment. Our team members are located in various individual locations throughout the U.S.
Sound like a fit?
Awesome! We’d love to hear from you. Please fill out this form.
We will accept applications through October 25th and you will hear from us by November 1st.
Click below link to apply for this job: