Junior Developer – Contractor
The Global Advertising Performance Team (GAP) helps to deliver advertising performance across many advertisers and objectives across the globe. To meet the growing needs of our Customers team, GAP needs to develop technology that allows our Ads Optimizers to quickly diagnose what’s working and what’s not, and to build semi-automated workflows that support the optimal corrective actions.
We are looking for a developer to help create reporting tools, automated workflows, and alerting for the Ads Optimization team. You will become an expert on the daily tasks of an Ads Optimizer, our internal data sources and structures, and how to access, prepare, and present advertising results in the most insightful way.
The main objectives for the next twelve months are to build out optimization workflows in the UI, add automation and smart rules for basic optimization on the backend, provide tooling for automated reporting and insights generation, and support broader campaign types including live event optimizations.
- Work with the GAP optimizers and the management team to define and implement metrics and workflows to support all aspects of the optimization process
- Research data sources and APIs to retrieve the relevant information from our internal systems
- Build out a local database that can serve as a cache and data warehouse for the relevant ads performance data.
Success Looks Like:
- You enable our Ads Optimization team to be more effective, allowing them to successfully manage more accounts with better results for our customers.
- You work independently and self driven and communicate fearlessly to build long lasting relationships throughout our organization.
- You innovate through experimentation to create new tools and workflows for our optimization team.
- You rigorously help to scale our optimization services by equipping the optimizer team with the tools needed to drive more customer success more quickly.
- BA/BSc degree (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant experience)
- Strong experience with relational databases, preferably MySQL
- Working knowledge in HTML/CSS
Location is flexible, and telecommuting is an option.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.