UBIO looking for Back-end Developer (UK/EU only)
UBIO has built the Automation Cloud, a platform which can robotically perform any online task such as reserving a hotel for your trip to New York, booking a flight to get there and applying for a credit card to pay for it all.
You have considerable technical experience in:
- One or more programming languages (5 years is about right)
- Developing applications for the cloud (Google Cloud in our case)
- Storage: Redis, SQL, MongoDb
And it would be great if you also have:
- Experience with Prometheus and Grafana or other monitoring systems
- Interest in Serverless functions (Google Cloud Functions) and containers (Google Cloud Run)
- Exposure to Dependency Injection
- Experience with micro-services and Message Bus architectures
- Appetite for Golang
- Exposure to PCI-DSS compliance
This is what you’ll be doing:
- Drafting and developing prototypes
- If significant unknowns exist or risks need to be reduced, you’ll frame your thoughts into a prototype doc and develop a prototype in code or research to resolve those. You may need to develop a few prototypes before we can move on to implementation.
- Getting features production ready
- Once prototypes are out of the way, you’ll write tests, refactor and expand on your initial prototypes to get your code ready for deployment. You will base
- Rub virtual shoulders with Product
- Engineering works very close to our Product function. You will frequently liaise with a product manager to ensure business requirements are current and to realign on delivery expectations.
- Leveraging and evolving our standards
- We have defined a handful of standards, including a framework for developing micro-services. We have also defined architecture guidelines to more clearly inform our future. We will count on you to advance those by adhering to them and providing feedback for improvements.
- Avoiding pitfalls and learning from failures
- You will bring experience to the team and will help us avoid difficult paths, but you understand that experiencing failures is a building block for success. Your resilience will be key to navigate these situations.
- Communicating your needs clearly and responsibly
- With the support of your Lead Engineer, you will be able to state clearly what is needed to deliver features in a timely fashion. You will do that with a good level of written and spoken English.
- Owning Service Lifecycle
- Be able to debug and provide support for services you ship in all environments.
- Be able to communicate effective metrics for the code you write, be aware of its performance and how we can observe them inline with SLOs.
- Positively adding to our culture
- You have a positive outlook in life and you can also have fun away from technology.
- You are able to focus on how to overcome obstacles, rather than being overly impeded by limitations and dependencies.
Paid annual leave
A powerful laptop
Health Insurance (if based in the UK)
Click below link to apply for this job: