WAX looking for Director of User Experience & Design
Why work at WAX?
Simple. Instant. Secure. Global.
WAX is the safest and most convenient way to create, buy, sell, and trade virtual items – to anyone, anywhere in the world.
Hundreds of millions of people around the globe already trade digital items. But the problems that plague the item trading community have stunted its growth far beneath its full potential. That’s because the world of digital ownership today is defined by its restrictions. WAX is building a future to where it will be redefined by its freedom.
WAX is creating a full suite of blockchain-based tools that allows anyone to trade digital or even physical items instantly and securely, to anyone, anywhere.
Participants of the Worldwide Asset eXchange gain access to a global community of collectors and traders, buyers and sellers, creators and gamers, merchants and game developers.
We’re building the tools to create the future of digital ownership and trading through e-commerce blockchain, the first of its kind.
Our team is growing, and we’re looking to add a Director of User Experience & Design to help drive our product roadmap and manage the development of our core virtual goods business.
You will have the opportunity to be a part of an exceptional team of distributed engineers, designers, and product managers that are responsible for building and creating new solutions around the WAX platform, which allows millions of traders to create their own virtual stores on one decentralized platform, providing instant payments, security, and trusted service that will bring millions of new participants into a growing ecosystem.
As the Director of User Experience & Design, you will be a key member in leading the design through our rapidly evolving, complex demands, including product ideation around our marketplace and e-commerce experiences.
This role reports directly to the CEO.
- Define the overall UX/UI strategy and vision for our digital experience across all channels, aligned with our broader business strategy
- Work closely with product managers to prioritize and communicate high level and detailed deliverables that create an incredible customer experience
- Collaborate daily with our distributed engineering group to translate designs into shipping products
- Coach and mentor team members ensuring they are high performing, collaborative and customer-focused
- Draw from the full spectrum of design disciplines including interaction design, service design, design research, information architecture, visual design, content strategy, design strategy, etc. to improve customer experiences from end to end
- See product initiatives from the sketch phase through mockups to implementation
- Develop user scenarios, user flows, interaction models, wireframes and prototypes to create the ideal user experience
- Appropriate degrees and/or experience in UX Design (interaction design, information architecture, or visual design) required
- 10+ years experience with a minimum of 7+ years in User Experience Design or User Interface Design Management
- Significant experience in eCommerce and mobile design (and mobile responsiveness) principles, driving user experience as an advocate for the organization in senior leadership
- Extensive experience in interface design, research, and new product development utilizing Lean UX/UI methods
- Must demonstrate a clean and polished design aesthetic
- Significant experience working knowledge in UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, PhotoShop, and Illustrator
- Able to communicate effectively with a high degree of collaboration and influence
- Ability to work with highly technical teams and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
Required portfolio showcasing a proven track record in creating UI/UX design projects that solve complex design problems providing impact to clients and the business
Benefits & Perks
- 100% remote
- Competitive Salaries
WAX is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms and/or any other firms that submit resumes to WAX without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.