Wire Media looking for Remote WordPress Developer ($30-$50/hour)
This is a REMOTE, project-based position.
Responsibilities & Duties
Working from provided specifications, wireframes, and design comps, build out custom WordPress websites, or provide assistance to our lead WordPress developer on same..
Day-to-Day Responsibilities (per project)
- Set up the dev site on Pantheon’s dev-test-live environment
- Connect with git to manage versioning
- Communicate regularly and as scheduled with the project team
- Build out the back end of the site
- Provide support in coding the frontend of the site
- Adherence to best practices for accessibility
Nice-to-Have (not required)
- Contributed WordPress plug-ins
- Experience with Gutenberg (we’re not using it yet)
- Client-facing experience
- Experience implementing at least level AA of the WCAG accessibility standards.
Qualifications & Skills
You should have at least three solid years experience in building fairly complicated, custom, WordPress websites. If your primary experience involves implementing themes that someone else created, this job is not a match for your experience. You should have a working knowledge of frontend code.