WordPress Developer, Freelance ($50 – $70 Hourly)
We are seeking a freelance WordPress Developer to help us with our growing client base working on a variety of websites in numerous industries. We are a boutique digital agency looking for individuals who are great communicators, excellent at what they do, and who can meet deadlines.
Other contractors we work with have worked with us for years because we have a great back and forth relationship and like to see our contractors succeed in their goals of owning their own business and work on their own schedules. Our business continues to grow because we care about our clients’ businesses, build them the best possible websites, and treat and pay our contractors the way we’d want to be treated / paid. The pace for projects is always reasonable but we do need to meet our obligations.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to hit committed deadlines
- Developing WordPress sites for 2+ years
- 3 – 5 years web development experience
- Decent knowledge of working with APIs in PHP
- Ability to use git effectively
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Multi device / browser testing (Chrome, FireFox, IE, Safari, Opera, iPad, iPhone, Android, etc)
- Ready to work!
Extra credit for knowledge of:
- Experience with LAMP environment
- MySQL familiarity
- Pods or ACF
- Theme or plugin development
- Caching Services like CloudFlare
- Optimizing websites for speed leveraging techniques like: gzip compression, image optimization, critical CSS implementations
- SEO – Building sites with SEO in mind around Technical SEO and any other SEO practices you might know (keyword research, internal linking structure, etc)
- In your video, tell us who your favorite super hero is
- Linux administration
- Webserver configuration (Apache or nginx)
- ADA compliance
- Build awesome, responsive, and fast websites that are SEO friendly (if you don’t know SEO or how to optimize for speed, you’ll learn) in your own publicly accessible but locked down development environment
- Merge changes into git / Github for others to look at them / implement them
- Collaborate with project managers and developers to build sites to spec
- Manage timelines / deadlines / communication
- Position can be remote
We are not looking for the cheapest folks out there.
We are looking for the best folks out there: best at your trade, best at communicating, best at meeting your obligations, and best at being an awesome human!
If you are interested in working with us, please send us your resume, cover letter, sample sites that showcase your work, and the link to a 30 second – 3 minute video talking about your skills (including extra credit portion if you have any to talk about) sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses with videos will be considered.
Many thanks and Happy New Year!